|Product Dimensions||10.16 x 17.15 x 25.4 cm; 480 Grams|
|Item Model Number||90541-80025T|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Style||3M Worktunes AM/FM Hearing Protector|
|Power Source||Hand Powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||5|
|Included Components||Auxiliary Cord, Hearing Protector|
|Item Weight||480 g|
3M Safety WorkTunes Hearing Protector 24db 90541-80025V
|Price:||+ $14.78 Delivery|
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB
- Great AM/FM radio performance and bass boost option for enhanced listening experience
- Voice Assist Technology provides operational and set-up guidancewithout having to take off the headset
- Voice Assist Technology helps you program up to 50 AM/FM radio stations and lets you know when your battery is running low
- Auto-scanning helps you quickly find and save your favourite stations
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Infuse more fun into your workday with 3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector with AM/FM Radio. Designed to bring you hearing protection and entertainment, these protective earmuffs let you listen to the music of your choice from the AM/FM radio or from your mobile device via the auxiliary jack. Built-in comfort features like plush ear cushions and a padded headband help keep you comfortable while on the job. Plus, Voice Assist Technology lets you know which radio station you're on without having to remove the headset. So whether you're cutting grass or hard at work in the woodshop, help protect your hearingand have a great time while you're at itwith 3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector with AM/FM Radio.
From the manufacturer
3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector with AM/FM Radio
All-in-one hearing protection and entertainment. Know your risks. Put safety on your list. That means choosing the right hearing protection before the project begins. 3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector is the ideal choice if you are looking to protect your hearing while enjoying your favourite music or radio station.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 24 dB
- Redesigned headband / ear cushions
- Voice Assist makes programming and controlling headset easier
- Redesigned battery cover – stronger hinge design helps reduce breakage
- Softer ear cup padding for extended comfort
- Recessed input jack
- Redesigned buttons / knobs for a contemporary design
- Soft-touch material on ear cups to help improve grip
- 2 Bass Boost options control the amount of bass for a customised listening experience
- Easy-to-use auto scan helps find available radio stations at the touch or turn of a button
Designed with innovation and functionality, 3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector features Voice Assist for easier use and Bass Boost technology for enhanced sound quality and performance. Strong construction and durable materials help prevent breakage and better withstand daily use. Perfect for the workshop, job site, or yard, 3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector blends hearing protection and entertainment seamlessly. Makes for a great gift.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
*When plugged in to your smartphone eg for playing music, they simply work as headphones, meaning they don't use battery power. That's good. Downside: volume control is then located on your device...
I was looking for something for bus and (especially) airplane rides. I find my ears numbed by noisy engines - particularly on the small planes - and figure I'm better safe than sorry.
I have a more expensive pair of noise blocking headphones and wish I'd found these first. These cushions fit better over my ears (I have trouble finding a good fit) which makes the noise blocking is more effective. I didn't want blutooth or any fancy features - I use the other pair every day and they get beat up in transit - so was looking for a price point where I could afford to buy a new pair.
First impressions are that they are sturdy, comfortable, and do a good job blocking outside noise. They greatly reduce engine noise when you are sitting over the wing, and listening to the news during bus rides is handy.
For practicality, these get full points.
I can't speak to power consumption but a fully charged set of AAs have lasted over 24 hours and, honestly, that will probably depend on the type and age of the batteries. What I do like is that they use AA batteries that can be replaced easily and you can carry spares to swap out if you run out of power on the road. Unlike devices with built-in batteries, these might still be usable 3 years from now. Not really fair comparing these to ipods, but these have some serious advantages.
Furthermore, they have detachable cables to reduce clutter (I replaced the one that came with it for a retractable pair), and well mounted radio controls that can be reached without having to take them off.
Some folks have complained about the tuner. I thought it was good - you turn the knob and a voice reads out the current frequency. If you are far off the station that you want, give it a few full turns; if you are close to the station that you want, just give it a few clicks.
One unexpected bonus - they are pretty warm while standing at the bus stop on 5C mornings. That may backfire in the summer but since we are moving towards winter, I'm looking forward to using them as earmuffs!
1) if you plug anything into the headphone jack, the radio switches over - even if you turn off the player. It would be better if the "MODE" button let you toggle between sources. Having to disconnect and store the headphone cable somewhere is a nuisance.
2) The yellow colour works great if you are in construction, but is a bit too visible for casual day wear. Some styling other colour options (even plain black or grey) would open these up to a wider market.
Overall, these fit my needs and price point really well. Unless they turn out to break easily or stop working for no reason, I'll give these 5 stars!