Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
AWS Certified Security – Specialty Exam Guide: Build your cloud security knowledge and expertise as an AWS Certified Security Specialist (SCS-C01) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Get to grips with the fundamentals of cloud security and prepare for the AWS Security Specialty exam with the help of this comprehensive certification guide
- Learn the fundamentals of security with this fast-paced guide
- Develop modern cloud security skills to build effective security solutions
- Answer practice questions and take mock tests to pass the exam with confidence
AWS Certified Security – Specialty is a certification exam to validate your expertise in advanced cloud security. With an ever-increasing demand for AWS security skills in the cloud market, this certification can help you advance in your career. This book helps you prepare for the exam and gain certification by guiding you through building complex security solutions.
From understanding the AWS shared responsibility model and identity and access management to implementing access management best practices, you'll gradually build on your skills. The book will also delve into securing instances and the principles of securing VPC infrastructure. Covering security threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks such as the DDoS attack, you'll discover how to mitigate these at different layers. You'll then cover compliance and learn how to use AWS to audit and govern infrastructure, as well as to focus on monitoring your environment by implementing logging mechanisms and tracking data. Later, you'll explore how to implement data encryption as you get hands-on with securing a live environment. Finally, you'll discover security best practices that will assist you in making critical decisions relating to cost, security,and deployment complexity.
By the end of this AWS security book, you'll have the skills to pass the exam and design secure AWS solutions.
What you will learn
- Understand how to identify and mitigate security incidents
- Assign appropriate Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources to underpin security requirements
- Work with the AWS shared responsibility model
- Secure your AWS public cloud in different layers of cloud computing
- Discover how to implement authentication through federated and mobile access
- Monitor and log tasks effectively using AWS
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator or a security professional looking to get AWS security certification, this book is for you. Prior experience in securing cloud environments is necessary to get the most out of this AWS book.
Table of Contents
- AWS Certified Security Specialty Exam Coverage
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Access Management
- Working with Access Policies
- Federated and Mobile Access
- Securing EC2 Instances
- Configuring Infrastructure Security
- Implementing Application Security
- DDoS Protection
- Incident Response
- Securing Connections to your AWS Environment
- Implementing Logging Mechanisms
- Auditing and Governance
- Automating Security Detection and Remediation
- Discovering Security Best Practices
- Managing Key Infrastructure
- Managing Data Security
- Mock Tests
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
About the Author
- ASIN : B084VP8C1G
- Publisher : Packt Publishing; 1st edition (7 September 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 49028 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 558 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 178953447X
- Best Sellers Rank: 663,597 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Since I've seen the book planned to be published I was really execited to get my hands on it and knowing Stuart's expertise from cloudacademy courses, I knew it will be a rich and well written book. And indeed it is.
I've been playing around with AWS since 2015, and it's a challenge to keep up to date with what AWS releases almost every month, however despite some changed in the screenshots that you may find and some formatting issues on kindle, the details captured in the book are really a foundation for the exam, not forgetting about the mock exams.
In my opinion maybe some personal recommendations and challenges for the reader will enrich this security journey on AWS.