- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
An American In Paris O.B.C.
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, 2 June 2015
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12.6 x 14.2 x 1.02 cm; 95.25 Grams
- Manufacturer : SME MASTERWORKS
- Manufacturer reference : 0888750911421
- Original Release Date : 2015
- Label : SME MASTERWORKS
- ASIN : B00VTYG7P8
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: 43,827 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Inspired by the Academy Award®-winning film, An American in Paris brings this classic tale to Broadway, for the first time, with music and lyrics by George and Ira Gershwin and a book by Tony® and Pulitzer Prize® nominee Craig Lucas. The show is directed and choreographed by Olivier Award® winner and Artistic Associate of The Royal Ballet, U.K., Christopher Wheeldon. An American in Paris is the romantic story of a young American soldier, a beautiful French girl and an indomitable city, each yearning for a new beginning in the aftermath of World War II. The show had its Broadway premiere on April 12 at The Palace Theater.
The brilliant score for An American in Paris includes many well-known Gershwin classics like I Got Rhythm, S Wonderful, But Not For Me, Stairway to Paradise and They Can't Take That Away From Me, with haunting orchestral music including Concerto in F, Second Prelude, Second Rhapsody and An American in Paris. The score was adapted, arranged and supervised by Rob Fisher with orchestrations by Christopher Austin and musical direction by Brad Haak.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Robert Fairchild is a fantastic dancer but a hesitant singer and without the visual aspect of the show to support him this CD is just so-so.