|Wireless Type||802.11a/g/n/ac, 802.11ac|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
AmpliFi HD WiFi Router by Ubiquiti Labs, Seamless Whole Home Wireless Internet Coverage, HD WiFi Router with Touchscreen Display, 4 Gigabit Ethernet, 1 WAN Port, Ethernet Cable, Expandable Mesh System
- WHOLE HOME WIFI SYSTEM: Not Just a WiFi router, it's a WiFi system. The AmpliFi HD Router features an easy-to-use touchscreen display, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 1 WAN port, and an Ethernet cable. The AmpliFi Router provides excellent coverage for standard size homes of approx. 6,000 sq ft. Expand as needed by adding MeshPoints or additional Routers to your mesh WiFi system.
- 802.11AC TECHNOLOGY FOR FASTER SPEEDS AND BETTER COVERAGE: AmpliFi HD is more than a wireless router: it’s the ultimate WiFi system. With turbocharged 802.11ac WiFi, AmpliFi utilizes multiple self-configuring radios and advanced WiFi antenna technology to bring ubiquitous secure WiFi coverage to any home network. Delivers connectivity needed in today’s modern home for 4k streaming, smart home products, gaming, vid chats, downloads, and working from home.
- WIFI RANGE EXTENDER REPLACEMENT: AmpliFi Routers feature mesh technology, allowing you to expand your WiFi network as needed with additional Mesh Routers or MeshPoints.
- INSTANT SETUP: The intuitive, easy to use AmpliFi app allows you to setup your system in 5 minutes. It also features configuration options, powerful reporting metrics, parental controls, remote access, and easy guest access. The mobile app is available for Android and iOS smartphones.
- WIFI TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE: The AmpliFi home wireless system is designed by Ubiquiti Labs, a division of Ubiquiti Networks, a global leader in developing WiFi access points, WiFi antennas, network switches, Internet gateways, security cameras, VoIP phones, smart home and outdoor WiFi solutions.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The AmpliFi HD (High-Density) Home Wi-Fi System includes a Mesh Router and 2 MeshPoints for Wi‑Fi coverage throughout your home. The AmpliFi HD system delivers maximum throughput to meet your streaming and gaming demands with lag-free performance. The Mesh Router features an innovative and simple design with an intuitive touchscreen display so you can easily check your performance and network status. The MeshPoints provide enhanced coverage to eliminate dead spots in your home. Download the AmpliFi app (iOS and Android) for instant setup and easy management.
WHOLE-HOME RANGE: Robust coverage throughout your entire home. The AmpliFi system covers your entire home with a single Wi-Fi network, enabling seamless connectivity from room to room. The system is self-optimizing to ensure you always have the best connection. Mix-and-match AmpliFi Routers and MeshPoints together for ultimate coverage and customize to fit your home.
INSTANT SETUP: AmpliFi replaces your current router, and works with your current modem and Internet service provider. It’s compatible with major ISPs including AT&T, Comcast, Time Warner, Spectrum, and Verizon FiOS. Download the AmpliFi app, plug in the Mesh Router & MeshPoints, and with a few taps in the app your network is live.
INTUITIVE CONTROL: Easily monitor the status of your network, see and prioritize connected devices, and control access. Create family profiles, set schedules, or pause access to the Internet. Grant access for guests in the app without sharing or forgetting passwords.
AmpliFi’s uncompromising industrial design is meant to complement your home. Show it off proudly; your router is no longer something to hide. The touch screen control means you always know the status of your connection without having to interpret confusing blinking lights like other routers.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For NBN, you need to update firmware first using your old router and get a VLAN ID from you ISP, apart from that little trouble, all good!
I like the ablitiy to turn the internet off for indiviusal items.
Works on NBN - with Aussie Boardband using HFC.
Loved the little LCD. Bandwitdh usage graph is useful
Top reviews from other countries
So, first interesting and not advertised fact is that you can run this unit through a network switch. ( to get an optimised central location) Our set up is a hard wired 30 port network running on a cat 7-80mb broadband...
So, took 5 mins to set up with the unit plugged into a house network hub (not the router) we now have a secondary ( and far stronger ) wireless network with an average (tested in 5 rooms behind thick old walls) 75mb download and 19mb upload speeds.
On a final note - the unit looks awesome, the screen is great, the halo ring is good enough for a nightlight on our landing and the mesh units are plug and play..
Can’t recommend this kit enough....if you have WiFi dead spots in your house and the skills to run a cat7 cable to the optimum spot in your house from your router then this is well worth the massive price.... my wife is now running at ninja shopping levels on eBay and Amazon whilst downloading full UHD midget porn films...
The Amplifi system is by no means cheap or what could be considered a budget / value product, however, after doing some serious research on YouTube / Google and asking some relevant questions on Amazon I decided it was time to bite the bullet and give it a serious try.
The package arrived on time, and undamaged. Within about 20 mins of getting it out of the box, plugged in and set up we started to enjoy serious download speeds right across the house. Using a SPEEDTEST app on my iPhone it was immediately clear on just how good this set up is, regularly showing between 220 mbps - 225 mbps with the average at about 220 mbps. Through my Virgin Media Hub I would get at best 130 mbps with an average of about 90 mbps (if that).
I would thoroughly recommend this product, It is amazingly fast, very reliable and extremely easy to set up. I would suggest to anyone who is using a standard Wifi router provided by Virgin Media (or other standard wifi router from their Broadband Supplier) to upgrade to a performance wifi router.
Just as a note, the original Virgin Media hub had to stay is situ (the Amplifi system is not a modem), I changed the setting on the Virgin Media Hub to 'Modem Mode Only' which meant the Virgin Media hub no longer transmitted WiFi.
1. You can not access the logs of what is happening on your wi-fi network. You can not see if someone is trying to attack your system or if you have a misconfigured device causing issues. The logs can only be viewed by the development team of the company, and they refuse to decrypt it and send it back to the customer. They may answer some vague question, but I have been trying for over a month now to find out if my neighbor is still trying to hack my wi-fi with only "i'm sorry we can't give you that" as answers.
2. The boosters are much larger than I thought, and the magnetic mount, while it can turn to accommodate almost any space, the side of the plug part itself and it's inability to turn makes it difficult to place in some spaces.
3. The application can reach the AP through your firewall without you being able to configure any additional security. That means your network is connected to their hub, which is outside of your control and collecting unknown data. So it could be collecting passwords or system information. With them hiding the logs, you can not know for sure.
1. The setup was exceedingly easy. can bedone from the app for granular control (like renaming the AP and boosters) or from the small watch sized touch screen.
2. The signal levels on the boosters makes it clear how it is communicating.
3. The mesh is auto adapting to the environment to keep the best speed.
4. Setting the illumination to turn off and on with a schedule makes it easy to place the base anywhere,even a bedroom, and not disturb the occupant.
The Amplify over allis a great device. The secrecy and resistance to allow access to the system logs, and the connection to their service without any way to opt out gives me great pause. I have had to make changes to my firewall to block the ports and traffic it sends across the net. This makes any updates almost impossible, but I really do not want my pictures and personal documents I access over the wi-fi leaking out because of their poor security and shady business model.
However, was annoyed and disappointed to find that you can't specify the private IP address of the router - it defaults to .1 of any network address you set. So if you set your network as 192.168.100.0/24, then it will set itself as 192.168.100.1.
This is fine for new networks, but if you have an existing network with other servers and happen to use .1 as it's IP address, then you have to change your existing server's address for things to work properly. on my network, .1 is the address of the ESXI host carrying 4 VM's (including my FREENAS server which also runs PLEX media server..)
This meant hours of reconfiguring which was pretty annoying. So one star docked for not having something as basic as bring able to fully configure and specify the IP address of the router.
Ubiquity have said they will refer this to their development team but no idea whether this will be done anytime soon.
Kudos though for a quick response from Ubiquity when using the chat function...
WOW! (thats capital WOW!)
Plugged this into the modem mode ethernet, and there is 5 bar wifi everywhere even the garden and street outside, and the inbuilt test at the other end of the house shows:
161.3 mbps Download and 11.8 Upload (this is wifi not wired!) which is unbelievable, so was retested later and showed 141.9 mbps with 11.9 upload.
It is really simple to install, just remember to undo the plastic wrap on the equipment to get a full signal.
The house is 3 bed detached over 2 floors.
Expensive, but worth it !