Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Applied Incident Response Paperback – 27 December 2019
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
From the Inside Flap
DEFEND YOUR NETWORK WITH IMMEDIATELY APPLICABLE INCIDENT RESPONSE SKILLS
Incident response is critical for the active defense of any network, and incident responders need up-to-date, actionable techniques with which to engage the adversary. Applied Incident Response details effective ways to respond to advanced attacks against local and remote network resources, providing proven response methods and a framework through which to implement them. Drawing on the author's experience investigating intrusions for the FBI, US Department of Defense (DoD), and many international organizations, this authoritative book covers the core skills needed for incident handling and active network defense, including triaging systems, acquiring memory, imaging disks, collecting network data, log analysis, memory forensics, disk forensics, network security monitoring, adversary emulation, threat hunting, and more. Examples focus on free and open-source tools, but introduce commercial alternatives as well.
As a starting point for new incident handlers, or as a technical reference for hardened incident response veterans, this book details the latest techniques for responding to threats against your network, including:
- Preparing your environment for effective incident response
- Leveraging MITRE ATT&CK and threat intelligence for active network defense
- Local and remote triage of systems using PowerShell, WMIC, and open-source tools
- Acquiring RAM and disk images locally and remotely
- Analyzing RAM with Volatility and Rekall
- Deep-dive forensic analysis of system drives using open-source or commercial tools
- Leveraging Security Onion and Elastic Stack for network security monitoring
- Techniques for log analysis and aggregating high-value logs
- Static and dynamic analysis of malware with YARA rules, FLARE VM, and Cuckoo Sandbox
- Detecting and responding to lateral movement techniques, including pass-the-hash, pass-the-ticket, Kerberoasting, malicious use of PowerShell, and many more
- Effective threat hunting techniques
- Adversary emulation with Atomic Red Team
- Improving preventive and detective controls
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (27 December 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 464 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119560268
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119560265
- Dimensions : 18.54 x 2.54 x 23.11 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 98,303 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: