Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Asian Paleo: Easy, Fresh Recipes to Make Ahead or Enjoy Right Now from I Heart Umami Hardcover – 1 January 2019
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
With 75 recipes inspired by her childhood in Taiwan and favorite dishes from China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, and beyond, blogger, recipe developer, and Whole30 contributor ChihYu Smith knows how to satisfy cravings in a hearty, healthy Paleo way.
In Asian Paleo, Smith helps readers find the perfect dish for any occasion. She includes easy meals, fun and festive weekend options, batch cooking for when there’s time to plan, and sides and sauces. You’ll want to try them all, including:
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Sichuan Dry-Fried Green Beans with Crispy Pork
- Zucchini Dan Dan Noodles
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Asian. Paleo. Delicious.
Paleo Mongolian Beef
Chinese Dim Sum Shumai
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken
This chicken is made with no added sugar or starch and roasted in the oven with simplified cooking methods to help you enjoy good food fast. I highly recommend using boneless chicken thighs with the skin on. You can ask the butcher to remove the thigh bones for you. Serve with leafy greens or with mashed potatoes or cauliflower rice.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top. Spray the rack with oil.
- Pat chicken dry. Season with sea salt on all sides.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, on the prepared rack. Bake for 20 minutes, until skin becomes light golden brown and meat is completely cooked through (165F on a meat thermometer).
- Remove from oven and brush with teriyaki sauce. Change oven setting to high broil. Place the chicken back in the oven and broil for 3 minutes to give the skin a golden color.
- Wait 5 minutes before slicing the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Cooking oil spray (avocado, coconut, or ghee)
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, skin on (about 1½ pounds)
- Sea salt
- ⅓ cup I Heart Umami Teriyaki Sauce (page 187)
- Toasted white sesame seeds (optional)
- Chopped scallions (optional)
Missing your favorite Asian dishes after going Paleo? Asian Paleo is the cookbook for you! It's filled with authentic and healthy umami-packed recipes that will beat anything you can order via takeout!--Michelle Tam, New York Times best-selling author of Nom Nom Paleo
ChihYu will make you an amazing cook because her Paleo Asian recipes are not only easy, but turn out perfectly every time. I'm excited to finally have all of her wonderful flavors and deliciousness together in one place.--Teri Turner, founder of No Crumbs Left
ChihYu's food is like a warm hug on a plate, and her passion for cooking and culture comes through in everything she makes. Prepare for wowed taste buds and happy bellies!--Steph Gaudreau, author of The Performance Paleo Cookbook and founder of Women's Strength Summit
From the Publisher
- Publisher : *Norton agency titles; 1st edition (1 January 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1682682617
- ISBN-13 : 978-1682682616
- Dimensions : 18.54 x 2.29 x 23.62 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 17,926 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
The author also works with relatively common/easy to find ingredients.