- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
Astell&Kern A&Norma SR15 Portable High Resolution Audio Player, Dark Gray
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- A true high-resolution music player, bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit/384kHz and Native DSD (DSD256)
- Dual DAC of CS43198, MasterHIFI tier chipset from Cirrus Logic and quad-core CPU for outstanding response and performance
- New intuitive user interface and angled screen for the optimal viewing experience from any angle
- WiFi and Bluetooth aptX HD for wireless streaming, integrated Tidal streaming app
- 64GB of internal memory and 1 microSD card slot
Special offers and product promotions
- Batteries : 1 Lithium Metal batteries required.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5.08 x 9.65 x 12.95 cm; 322.05 Grams
- Date First Available : 29 May 2018
- Manufacturer : IRIVER Inc.
- ASIN : B07D8CZR9X
- Item Model Number : 3PPS117CCMGMN1
Best Sellers Rank:
214,586 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- 491 in MP3 & Digital Audio Players
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
A&norma sets the standard of Hi-Fi audio for novice listeners. The SR15, the first model of A&norma, is the beginning point of the Hi-Fi Audio experience that allows you to enjoy the philosophy and technologies of Astell&Kern, which is accolated by audiophiles around the world.
Dual DAC of CS43198, MasterHIFI tier chipsets from Cirrus Logic
Enhanced audio processing power and snappy UI with Quad-core CPU
Native DSD playback and playback-focused User Interface
Powerful audio performance curated by Astell&Kern's know-how
The SR15 is the first model of Astell&Kern's newly introduced standard line.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
On top of all that, the WiFi is awful! Why would they make a $700 product with such horrible hardware? I’ve been forced to use my iPhone XS for streaming, downloading and listening because I can’t get this thing to work via WiFi or Bluetooth. And AK Connect? Not even close, won’t AK Connect to anything. And since it doesn’t have cellular, I’m forced to use a device that does. I’m on a work trip, spent this amount of money thinking I’d have awesome tunes, but all I’ve done is waste my time on this probably $5 piece of garbage that AK sells for $699 plus tax!!!! I’m so mad! Seriously AK, what’s up with this hooptie?
1) Bluetooth just does not work at all and will not pair to my headphones or any devices
2) with my campfire audio Vega, sound is meh, bass is lacking, highs are sharp and clear, but shrill at times. Better on my iPhone XS.
3) battery power drops quickly even if powered on but not in use. Power has dropped from 96% to 88% in 15 mins without any use at all, except trying several times to connect via Bluetooth to my headphones without success. Charged to 100% last night, powered off, turned on today and it was 93%. Used it for 30 mins only trying to download music for a flight, but WiFi just wouldn’t connect; therefore no downloads, and now battery is at 84%. Tried Bluetooth again and it worked for a hot minute, but what’s the point if I can’t download apps or stream music? Just a pretty thing to hold in my hand? SMH...
4) for $700, this is an epic fail, Astell & Kern
I loaded up some of my collection of flac, aiff, 320 and 128 mp3 files. Even with the lowly 128kbps mp3 files, the sr15 sounds noticeably better than my ipod which in turn is noticeably better than my phone's.
Come dinner time, and it auto powered off after half an hour. However, when I turned it back on, no sound again. This made me anxious. Turn it off and on brought back the sound. Then I deliberately tested by letting its auto power off kick in. Surely enough, same problem, and same procedure to bring it back.
I decided this maybe just a simple glitch of the firmware that may yet to mature. Who needs auto power off anyway. It can simply pause and play as long as the battery drain is acceptable. At night, I turned off auto power off setting, paused the music, and went to sleep. Six hours later, I was happy to find that total batter drain only went down from 98% to 96% which is totally okay. BUT, while the screen turn on instantly, hitting the play button produce no sound again! This time, 2 power off/on cycles had to be used to bring it back. To make a long story short, I did several more tests, and found that as long as it paused for about an hour or longer, the sound will disappear. The last straw was that I had to power cycle it four times (!) during the last test to bring the sound back.
This is surely a defect somewhere, let's just hope I am the only one getting such a problem with this premium brand. Having said that, at this time I am kind of lost some confidence in it and I decided to return it instead. And in the meantime, I will have to research again for offerings from other manufacturers. Because, there is no going back to ipod and phone after this!
Pros: Definitely noticeable amazing sound quality!!!
Cons: Something's wrong with the output to 3.5mm jack after stopping it for an extended amount of time.
Note: I didn't try the other outputs and features.
Great audio player. Less wider than the AK120 but slightly taller. This is my second high definition audio player. My first was Astell & Kern AK120 which was a great intro player. This unit, the SR15, has that signature Astell & Kern sound. Clear highs, mids and lows. Definitely blows away listening to music on the iphone. I also love how it’s portable and I can take it on runs and to the gym. I recommend getting the SR15 case cos it doesn’t come with one.