Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 9 9385cc, Electric Shaver, Precision Trimmer, Rechargeable, Cordless, Wet & Dry Foil Shaver, Clean & Charge Station and Leather Travel Case
|Price:||+ $19.44 Delivery|
|Item Weight||989 Grams|
About this item
- World's most efficient electric shaver. Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
- Use wet or dry. Now with 20% more battery power
- Product designed, engineered and made in Germany. Recommended by GQ and the Skin Health Alliance accredited
- Tested on 3-day beard vs. leading premium tier products. vs. previous Series 9
Product detailsStyle Name:9385cc Graphite
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Product Dimensions : 15.7 x 15.7 x 25.2 cm; 988.83 Grams
- Date First Available : 28 February 2020
- Manufacturer : AmazonUs/PRFY7
- ASIN : B07XD5TCR3
Best Sellers Rank:
12,560 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
- 160 in Electric Shavers
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Braun Series 9 is the World's most efficient electric shaver. The 5 shaving elements capture more hair in one stroke for a flawless shave. This foil shaver provides you with both a close and gentle shave, without compromise. The electric razor for men glides over skin and is suitable for wet or dry shaving. You can now shave cordlessly for longer (60 min) with 20% more battery than the previous series 9. All series 9 shavers are made in Germany with premium craftsmanship. Product Recommended by GQ Magazine.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
I have used many brands of electric razor over my 65 years. I started with Norelco rotaries, then Remington foil shavers, then back to rotary. But more than a few years ago I switched to Braun. First the Series 5 then the series 7 which I used for about 10 years, replacing the head many times. I told you that to tell you this, despite the cost (which is extensive) I am very happy with the series 9. Compared to my 7, it is quieter by a significant margin, and it cuts better and doesn't irritate my skin. Cleaning is a snap using the Braun cleaning system (you can't use the older one as the razor fits differently in this one, but it uses the same cartridges as the older system for my 7). I travel for work, so portability is important and I easily get multiple weeks of daily shaves from the battery without hardly moving the battery indicator. It packs a bit longer than the series 7. From a shave perspective, for my beard I, will say that it takes some work to get a very close shave with a 1 day beard, but a 2 day beard is a snap. I think the slightly longer hair is lifted better by the new head design.
I don't like the ergonomics as much as I did the series 7 (the new series 7 is drastically different of course, so these comments are only germane to those transitioning from the older 7 design). The 9 is longer and the head floating seems different. I sometimes find myself flipping the razor over to get some parts of the upper neck under my jaw. I really haven't settled into the best combination for my face yet, which seems strange after 2 months... The trimmer is horrible. It is like the old series 5 and slides up from along the back of the razor. Unlike the old series 5, the cutting edge of the trimmer has a little rake which really only allows you to cut well in 1 plane. What this means is that it is easy to cut sideburns (which I like) but effectively useless to trim eyebrows (which I need to do occasionally). And when it slides up, the end doesn't really clear the end of the razor head, so it is difficult to see where you're cutting because in the mirror the razor body blocks the view without some contortion on your part.
So... despite the lack of ergonomics, the end result is a very good shave, especially with a 2 day beard.
Oh, and by the way I ALWAYS use Mennen afta pre-shave. My father used it and I've used it for decades. I hope Mennen never stops making it. Although this razor is supposed to be usable in the shower, I haven't tried it.
UPDATE 11/20 This razor is still going strong. I've adapted to the ergonomics and also noted that the cutter grids on the head have a directionality to them which seems to work better on my beard in one versus the other direction. Still not using in the shower, but note that it drags too much if used on wet but not lubricated skin. So lubricate.
1. It is the most recent, top tier wet/dry foil shaver made by Braun.
2. It is an effective, ergonomic, well designed electric foil shaver, equivalent or better in comfort and performance to Braun's previous two iterations of the Series 9 lineup in their electric shaver models - which are excellent.
3. It is identical in size, shape and weight to previous Series 9 models, and shaver heads are interchangeable.
4. It has a slightly different display, and slightly different exterior cosmetics, than previous Series 9 models.
5. It has a slightly longer battery life (60 minutes vs 50 minutes) and a slightly faster internal processor (32-bit vs 8-bit) than previous Series 9 models. Other technical specifications are identical.
6. It has a slightly different cleaning station than previous Series 9 models, with a different part number. Although the stations look identical on the outside (and use the same Clean & Renew cartridges), older Series 9 shavers will not initiate a cleaning cycle in the new station, but will charge, and the cleaning status display is also slightly different.
7. It is also expensive, but actually in line with other top tier shavers from other manufacturers
What this shaver is not:
1. It is not a Series 7, or a Series 8, or any other series in Braun's lineup.
2. It is not any other shaver brand - Panasonic, Philips, Remington, or anything other than Braun.
3. It is not a rotary shaver (see #2).
4. It is not a DE razor, or a cartridge razor, or any other bladed razor.
5. It does not have a replaceable battery. Neither does any other modern rechargeable shaver.
6. It will not work as a corded shaver. Neither will any other modern wet/dry shaver.
7. It was designed for shaving your face. Not any other hirsute body parts on a human, although it might incidentally work for that.
If you were expecting any of the above on the "not" list, in spite of Braun's marketing for what this shaver actually is, you may be disappointed. But if you are in the market for a new Series 9 (or just for a great foil shaver), you should give this one a hard look. If you are the owner of an older Series 9 and you like it, this one adds features described above - slightly longer battery life, different cosmetics - and perhaps marginally better performance (subjective), but whether enough to replace your current Series 9 shaver is very much a personal choice. The new 93XX Series, for me, does seem to provide a slightly smoother and more comfortable shave than the previous generations (perhaps attributable to the faster processer and perhaps more rapid automatic beard density detector), but again purely subjective experience. Along with other Series 9 generations, it provides arguably the most comfortable shave you can get with an electric shaver, foil or rotary. The 20% increase in battery life is a plus, and the new display includes shaver head status, cleaning status, lock and battery charge indicator (and is a white - or light blue - LED instead of dark blue), but otherwise is almost identical to the 92XX models – which again are excellent. Highly recommended.
I admit that I'm a Braun fan, but this top of the line model is well worth the extra money! Do your face a favor, guys; you'll be glad you did.