|Item Model Number||201036-BLK-1.8m|
|Product Dimensions||22.86 x 15.88 x 0.76 cm; 45.36 Grams|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||22.9 x 15.9 x 0.8 centimetres|
|Item Weight||45.4 g|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||1 April 2018|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Cable Matters USB C to DisplayPort Cable Supporting 8K 60Hz USB-C to DisplayPort Cable USB C to DP Cable in Black 1.8m - Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible with MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 13 and More
Enhance your purchase
- USBC TO DisplayPort cable directly connects a computer with a USB C port to a monitor or projector with DP input; Low-profile USB C DisplayPort cable clicks into place on your device and latches on the DP connector provide a snug and secure connection to the display monitor.
- 8K UHD DISPLAYPORT to USB C video resolution support for ultra high definition resolutions up to 7680x4320 @ 60Hz; USB C to Display Port cable Supports Multi-Stream (MST) for daisy chaining multiple monitors. USBC to Display Port cable also supports high precision 7.1 Surround Sound audio.
- DELL COMPANION Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort cable supports the newest Dell computers with Thunderbolt 3; Display Port to USB C Cable connects to monitors in the conference room or classroom; USB C to DisplayPort adapter cable is compatible with popular Dell models with Thunderbolt 3 ports including the Dell XPS 12 9250, 13 9350/9360/9365, 15 9550/9560, Latitude 5480/5580/7275/7280/7370/7480/7520/7720/E5570, Precision 3520/15 3510/5510/M7510, 17 M7710, Alienware 13/15/17
- USB-C & THUNDERBOLT 3 port compatible DisplayPort to USBC cable for the 2016/2017 MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Acer Aspire Switch 12 S/R13, V15/V17 Nitro, TravelMate P648, Predator 15/17/17X, Chromebook R 13, ASUS ROG GL/G5/G7/GX/Strix, ZenBook Pro UX501VW, ZenBook 3 Deluxe/Pro, Transformer 3 Pro, Schenker XMG, Chromebook Flip C302, Gigabyte Aorus X5 15, BRIX/BRIX S, Razer Blade/Stealth/Pro, Samsung NP900X5N, Notebook Odyssey, Notebook 9 15 Inch, FUJITSU Workstation CELSIUS H760
- DISPLAYPORT TO THUNDERBOLT 3 cable is also compatible with HP Elite X2 1012 G1/G2, Z1 Workstation G3, Spectre 13.3/x360, EliteBook 1040 G4/X360 G2/X 360 1020 G2/Folio G1, ZBook 17 /15 /Studio, Envy 27 All-in-One, Microsoft Surface Book 2, Lenovo Legion Y720, IdeaPad Y900, Miix 720, ThinkPad P 50/70, T 470/470S/570, X270, X1 Carbon, X1 Yoga, Yoga 370/900/910, MSI Phantom Pro, Vortex G65, LG Gram 15Z970, Intel NUC6i7KYK, Toshiba Protege X20W, Sony VAIO S11, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
8K Video over USB Type-C or Thunderbolt 3
The Cable Matters USB-C to DisplayPort Cable is specifically designed to connect the new release computers with USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 to monitors with DisplayPort. Experience the vibrant video and authentic audio supported by DisplayPort for gaming, video streaming, or a multiple monitor workstation.
Important 8K Compatibility Notes
- Requires 8K enabled USB-C ports (currently only available on the NVIDIA RTX graphics cards and Intel's next-gen Ice Lake chips)
- Requires an 8K enabled display such as the Dell UP3218K
Experience 8K, 5K, 4K Video
DisplayPort 1.4 Feature Support:
- Video resolutions up to 8K (7680x4320)
- Connect to a 120Hz gaming monitor at 4K (3840x2160)
- DisplayPort audio support for a full range of digital multi-channel audio
8K video resolution requires an 8K enabled USB-C port (such as Nvidia RTX 2070 / 2080)
USB-C & Thunderbolt 3 Merger
USB-C & DisplayPort Features
Review this product
Top review from Australia
Top reviews from other countries
After reading reviews, I decided to give this a try & this works perfectly. Now, one monitor is connected via HDMI cable & the other using display port via this cable on the thunderbolt 3 connector. Now, I am writing this review while Amazon on one display and my work applications on another display. That's right, now I can do shopping & work at the same time. Woo hooo!
Lastly, the biggest confusion I had was whether a USB-C cable will work on Thunderbolt 3 port. From what I have read, thunderbolt 3 port are backward compatible with USB-C but USB-C port is not compatible with Thunderbolt3. So if you have a thunderbolt 3 port your machine, the chances are usb-c cables will work for you as it did in my case.
Reviewed in Canada on 1 April 2021
EDIT: Apple Verified that this cable caused a short in the USB port which led to the failure of the main logic board of the computer.