|Number of Ports||3|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Product Dimensions||13.46 x 12.7 x 1.27 cm; 20 Grams|
|Item Weight||20 g|
|Item Model Number||CD0030|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||2 February 2018|
USB to HDMI Adapter (Display Link Chipset), CableCreation USB 3.0 External Video Card Compatible with Windows, Mac, mac OS, Support 2K &1080P, Black
Enhance your purchase
|Connector type||USB, HDMI|
|Number of ports||3|
About this item
- ▶ KINDLY NOTES: 1. before using the adapter, please download the User’s Guide on this page; 2. You need to install a driver to enable this adapter, drivers can be installed at cablecreation.com or contact us at any time; 3. CableCreation offers two-year warranty and lifetime technical support, any problem please contact us at first time.
- ▶CONNECTIVITY: Gold plated USB 3.0 Male is Output, HDMI Female is Input. USB 3.0 Converter allows you to connect your desktop PC or laptop's USB port to an extra monitor or TV. You can watch videos or slideshows on the big screen. Compliant with HDMI and DVI specification. it can be connected to a HDMI Male to DVI adapter, then to a DVI Display Device.
- ▶COMPATIBILITY SYSTEM: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7, Vista, XP (32-bit); Mac OS X v10.8 / v10.9/ v10.10 /v10.11; macOS 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14/ 10.15. (not working with macOS 10.13.4 to macOS 10.13.6 ).
- ▶INCOMPATIBLE SYSTEM: Linux, Unix, Android; Not recommended for gaming; Does not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks.
- ▶HIGH RESOLUTION & REFRESH RATE: sending both audio and video, it’s 10x of USB 2.0 and greatly improves the stability of transmission. HDMI output supports 1920x1080p resolution,1.65Gbps/165MHz/24bits bandwidth, supports the function of Primary, Extended, Mirror, Rotate.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
CableCreation USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter is designed to connect an external Projector / Monitor/ Display / TV to your USB 3.0 enabled Surface book, laptop or desktop.
Also compliant with HDMI and DVI specification, it can be connected to an HDMI Male to DVI adapter, then to a DVI display device.
USB 3.0 super speed delivers the best performance with HD display capability.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does this adapter require drivers?
Yes, you need to install the DisplayLink driver from CableCreation or from DisplayLink website, then follow the video to complete the installation.
(You can also download the User Guide from the "Technical Specification“ of this page.)
2, How to install the drivers for Windows laptop.
Make sure you have updated the BIOS and graphics driver to the latest. Please install the drivers with Administrator permission.
3. Is this compatible with USB 2.0?
This adapter is backward compatible with USB 2.0. But it is strongly recommended connecting with a USB 3.0 port for optimal resolution and performance.
4, Why my TV does not have sound ?
Please go to lower right-bottom of your Windows PC / desktop, right click the audio icon-->Playback Devices-->Playback, and then choose your HDMI TV as the sound output.
5. Why is the video so laggy?
It's most probably because you are playing a video beyond the capacity of your computer. Please do not play 4K videos, and select 1080p format when you are watching an online video.
7. When I connect the adapter to a second external display, why does it not work?
It depends on your computer in terms of the amount of displays you can connect, please check your computer configuration before you decide to connect to multiple displays, if you can not sure, kindly reach to us at any time.
High Definition Video and Hi-Fi Audio
Supports resolution up to 2560*1440, 1920*1200, 1920*1080 P.
- Your computer needs to support 2560*1440 for this adapter to achieve 2K video. If not, this adapter supports 1080p only.
- Note that please use your "Administrator" account to download and install the drivers.
Powerful DisplayLink Chipset
A qualified chip ensures superior performance and long life use of the adapter.
No External Power Adapter Required
This adapter is USB powered. You do not need to attach it to an external power source when connected to a desktop, laptop or Ultrabook.
Easy to Store and Carry
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Plugged into a NUC 8th gen as a test and worked great. Not sure if it would've been the PC or adapter but it also by default set my resolution to 1080x1920 (which is correct) and also remembered the positions both my monitors were in. I have tried other (cheaper) USB 3.0 to HDMI adapters which always require you to set the position of the displays again.
This adapter is pricey but works well. Recommended!
I was looking for a solution for connecting a second external monitor to my Surface Pro 4 without buying the ridiculously priced Surface Dock, and this adapter came to the rescue.
It was a little difficult to locate the driver because this specific model number was not listed on the site, but I used another and it worked fine.
By Kate Chatlekhavanich on 24 January 2021
Top reviews from other countries
Here's a business solution for the manufacturer that will save you money, increase reviews, increase profits, and increase website traffic - include a single business card that says the model number, and a sentence instructing customers to head to your website for latest drivers. And a sentence saying, "If you like our product, please remember to leave a review on Amazon"
This is a great low-cost solution for multi-monitors for older laptops with USB A (3.1) plus HDMI ports. Currently have a TP-Link 7 port USB-A 3.0 hub (external powered) hub plugged into a USB-A 3.1 port on the laptop. This adaptor, plus a ethernet-usb adaptor are in turn connected to the hub. A second monitor uses the native hdmi port on the laptop. The whole setup allows two monitors (three including the laptop itself), 5 free USB-A ports, and ethernet, but costs just over a third of a full docking station.
Some data points:
1. It works fine if connected through an external usb hub
2. It works fine if the hub is connected to your usb-c port, even if the usb-c is data only (no charging or video out)
3. The onboard intel graphics software will not work with the monitor. Options are to use the monitor hardware controls, or if you prefer software, an external app like ScreenBright (recommended by DisplayLink)
4. If you have Windows updated, you do not need to download DL driver - it is plug and play, after a few moments to get the drivers set up. (you can download the drivers anyway)
5. It handles office work/ browsing / HD videos just fine - have not tried gaming.
There are several (much) cheaper options available on Amazon. But chose this model for 2 reasons
1. Have used Cable Creation before and found the quality to be good. This product is the same - well built, and running without any issues or excessive heat for a couple of weeks now.
2. The CC website linked directly to the Display Link drivers, which gives more comfort than installing the unknown drivers that come with the cheaper models.
All in all, happy with the purchase.