CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock - 85W Charging, 7X USB 3.1 Ports, USB-C Gen 2, DisplayPort, UHS-II SD Card Slot, LAN, Optical Out, for 2016+ MacBook Pro & PC (Space Gray - 0.7m/2.3ft Cable)
|Hardware interface||USB, USB 3.0|
|Compatible devices||Laptop, Monitor, PC|
|Number of ports||2|
About this item
- [15 PORTS OF CONNECTIVITY]: 2x Thunderbolt 3 40Gb/s, DisplayPort 1.2, 5x USB-A & 1 USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s), 1x USB-C 3.1 Gen2 (10Gb/s data only), Gigabit Ethernet, UHS-II SD Card Slot (SD 4.0), Optical Audio (S/PDIF), 3.5mm Stereo Audio In & Out. Vertical or horizontal orientation. Sturdy full aluminum construction with integrated heat sink without a fan.
- [POWERFUL 85W LAPTOP CHARGING]: Provides up to 85W to charge your laptop and power all of your USB peripherals. The secondary Thunderbolt 3 port provides 15W of power for downstream devices.
- [DUAL 4K EXTENDED DISPLAYS]: Connect up to two 4K@60Hz (4096 x 2160 30-bit color) monitors via DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C port, OR a Single 5K@60Hz display can be supported via the Thunderbolt 3 port. (***DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/VGA adapter / cable must be an ACTIVE type. Passive dongle/cable would not work.***)
- [UHS-II SD 4.0 CARD SLOT]: Latest UHS-II SD card slot supports SD/SDHC/SDXC at up to 312 MB/s bus speed. Transfer full days of footage from your camera 3x faster than UHS-I counterpart!
- [MAC & WINDOWS COMPATIBLE]: Ideal for 2016+ MacBook Pro, 2017+ iMac Pro, on Mac OS 10.12 or Windows 8/10 with a Thunderbolt 3 port. (Not compatible with 2015+ MacBook-Retina with USB-C port. Please use CalDigit USB-C Dock with MacBook-Retina)
Product detailsSize Name:0.7 Meter Cable | Colour Name:Space Gray
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 17.4 x 13.59 x 12.19 cm; 598.74 Grams
- Date First Available : 13 December 2017
- Manufacturer : CalDigit
- ASIN : B07CZPV8DF
- Item Model Number : TS3PLUS-US07-SG
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
When it comes to port connectivity, more is definitely more! The Thunderbolt Station 3 Plus offers ultimate connectivity by adding a staggering 15 ports for any application. The options go beyond the conventional, helping Thunderbolt 3 users to not only expand their connectivity but also charge their laptops. The power of Thunderbolt 3 combined with CalDigit’s long history designing docking solutions has resulted in the most powerful Thunderbolt 3 dock available.
The TS3 Plus is the ideal solution for Thunderbolt 3 Mac & PC users who need to connect multiple devices to their laptops such as SD Card Readers, USB hard drives, dual monitors, digital audio devices, Thunderbolt 3 components, and more. In addition to all this, the TS3 Plus is the best option for both Mac and PC laptop charging. While other Thunderbolt 3 docks on the market can only charge one platform, CalDigit’s Thunderbolt 3 docks will provide up to 85W power delivery for both Mac and PC users.
With the TS3 Plus, a single Thunderbolt 3 port from your laptop expands to 15 ports! Power users need as many ports as they can get hold of and the TS3 Plus delivers on this promise. Whether you need multiple USB ports, dual 4K display connectivity, Digital Optical Audio out, or an SD Card Reader, the TS3 Plus packs everything into an incredibly compact unit.
With five USB 3.1 Type-A ports and two USB 3.1 Type-C ports, users have a total of seven ports to connect multiple USB devices to their ultra slim laptops. Featuring both front and rear USB ports, the TS3 Plus packs a large amount of connectivity into such a compact device. The rear Type-C port features USB 3.1 Gen. 2 (10Gb/s) which allows users to connect their ultra-fast SSD drives for incredible performance.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada on 11 July 2018
Please continue reading to get the full scoop.
I'm a film student at Chapman and was recommended to get a MacBook Pro.
I learned immediately that I needed a hub. I tried many of the USB-C hubs and they're equally terrible because only one to two of the ports will work. And nearly nothing is working if you are exporting 4K onto an editing monitor. From the $100+ to the $30 hubs the limitations are painful if you are importing your RAW photos or media and trying to use the display.
I asked around and was told to find something that could fully utilize Thunderbolt 3. HUH?
So USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 are different, and what I needed for content creation was a Thunderbolt 3 dock.
The Wirecutter recommended the CalDigit TS3 Plus, and since they're the Wirecutter they can't be wrong.
CalDigit's TS3 Plus arrived in a few days from Amazon and I was ready to get some work done.
My current setup is a Dell 27" 4K display, and a ton of storage. I have a SanDisk SATA SSD that is plugged into the Type-C port (really fast), and back things up again on an external Seagate 8TB (really slow, but this thing is a workhorse).
I film and take photos with a Sony A7iii and use the SD card slot for end of the day dumps.
That's a lot of stuff plugged into this thing, and all of it WORKS.
Last night a classmate came by with an USB flash drive, and I just popped it in one of the rear ports.
The Optical Audio allows me to set up a nice 5.1 sound system, but it proved even more important this morning when someone brought over their DAC.
It has been only two days, and I already feel like this is one of the best investments I have made.
My only gripe is that the power brick is kinda bulky, but I can live with that since it does the full 85watt charging to my MacBook.
Which means I have a spare charger!
You know they cost like $100 in the Apple store, right??
Reviewed in Mexico on 13 April 2021
This dock is an absolute dream. Plug it in, tell Windows 10 that it's authorized, and you're off. No freezing. No performance hit. No USB devices dropping and reconnecting. No rebooting. No crashing when plugged / unplugged. It charges, it doesn't get very warm, and it has gobs of ports, so I don't even need to keep my USB hub around anymore.
Even the DAC is pretty decent. I'm not ready to give up my beloved Dragonfly Red , but it drives my Shure 1540's just fine.
Yeah, this dock costs a bit more than other Thunderbolt 3 docks, but the pure ease of use makes it so worth the money. Not to mention, the construction is absolutely top-notch, and the dock itself is so small, it easily tucks away under my laptop stand.
If you have a laptop with Thunderbolt 3, this is the dock you've been looking for.