Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Chika Ravitch
Chika Ravitch is a professional makeup artist and certificated facial
masseuse in Japan. She has a degree in analytical chemistry and wrote
her senior thesis on the effects of lithium on the human body and
mental health. From there, she began working for a Japanese cosmetics
company, VECUA, for years. She was an area manager, which included the
responsibility of overseeing five shops throughout the Kansai region. In
this role she was able to learn a lot about business management and also
about the benefits of Japanese approaches to healthy living.
As an executive at VECUA, she received special training each month
on nutrition, skin biology, the effect of cosmetic ingredients on skin, and
human biology. When she moved to the United States, she immediately
noticed the prevalence of unhealthy processed foods. She decided to
use her knowledge to teach people who want to learn about Japanese
nutrition and cooking how to make traditional homemade Japanese dishes
that are both healthy and delicious, and led to her creation of the blog
Your Home for Homemade Japanese Food.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Chika Ravitch
Discover how easy it is to make bento box lunches at home with these 60 simple recipes
Bento for Beginners is the perfect introduction to bento box lunches featuring creative recipes and helpful tips for getting started. This bento box cookbook is filled with easy-to-follow recipes and everything you need to create a bento-ready kitchen, including the best type of bento box to purchase, ingredients to keep on hand, and how to plan for the week ahead.
From Japanese classics to simple fusion and Western-inspired bento boxes, you’ll be eating variety-filled, home-cooked lunches in no time, with:
- All the tips, tools, and ingredients you’ll needto get into a regular bento routine.
- Step-by-step instructions for each recipe in a box,including a Timing and Prep guide that helps you plan ahead.
- Delicious recipes and bento menu suggestions,including crispy Japanese-Style Fried Chicken and sweet-and-savory Pan-Fried Potato and Carrot, and Rice Croquettes with juicy Oven-Roasted Chicken Thighs with a crunchy Celery and Apple Salad.
Make bento part of your lunch routine with Bento for Beginners!
Learn the intricate and delicious art of sushi with beginner-friendly recipes
Sushi is a true culinary art form, filled with colors, textures, sauces, and infinite presentations. Behind every delicious dish is an innovative sushi chef who was once right where you are now. This beginner sushi recipe book and guide teaches you how to prepare 100 easy recipes that will help turn your kitchen into a sushi workshop.
Learn the many variations sushi has taken―from classics like Tuna Rolls to nontraditional choices like Spicy Fried Mozzarella Rolls—both inside and outside of Japan. Get information on kitchen must-haves, like a sushi-rolling mat and a rice paddle, as well as advice for selecting high-quality ingredients and preparing them to perfection.
This guide to crafting sushi for beginners includes:
- Sushi, top to bottom―Get a crash course in sushi, sashimi, nigiri, and more, all featuring readily available ingredients.
- A healthy mix―Find something to suit every taste with a variety of classic seafood choices, plus a blend of vegetarian options.
- Pantry staples―Learn how having small pantry items like roasted sesame seeds and dashi stock powder makes a world of difference.
Bring the amazing flavors of sushi home with ease thanks to the Sushi Cookbook for Beginners.