Christine J. Dalziel
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Christine J. Dalziel
Chris Dalziel is the founder of the popular websites, JoybileeFarm.com and theDIYHerbal.com. Chris empowers her readers to grow their own food and medicine and preserve it so that they can confidently provide for their families. She is a grandmother, teacher, author, gardener, herbalist, and homesteader.
She is the author of The Dehydrator Cookbook for Beginners (2022, Rockridge Press), The Beeswax Workshop (2017, Ulysses Press), and Homegrown Healing from Seed to Apothecary (2016, Joybilee Media) Chris believes in giving her readers a quick win, because each quick win builds confidence and empowers self-reliance. Chris and her husband live in the mountains of British Columbia with their three dogs and three cats.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Christine J. Dalziel
Keep your pantry stocked with delicious dried foods
Dehydrating is a sustainable and easy method of preserving food for months or even years. It’s great for camping, backpacking, emergency preparedness, and reducing food waste—but where do you begin? This dehydrating cookbook takes you through the whole process step by step, from ensuring that your food is safe for dehydration to sealing in the maximum nutrients and flavor—no experience required.
Dive into dehydrating food:
- What’s dehydrating, anyway?—Learn the basics of how dehydrating works, and the essential tips and tools you need to get started with your dehydrator.
- Dehydrating from A to Z—Discover how to properly dehydrate fruits and veggies, meat and fish, and even herbs and spices.
- Meals, snacks, and sides—Put your newfound knowledge to the test with recipes for classic dried foods like Kale Chips and Apple Leather, and full meals like Shepherd’s Pie and Curry Chicken with Rice.
Start drying your own food today with the Dehydrator Cookbook for Beginners.
Making all kinds of amazing, all-natural stuff out of beeswax is easy and fun. Packed with over 100 step-by-step recipes, The Beeswax Workshop shows you how to make beautiful gifts, household cleaners, beauty supplies and so, so much more. Projects in this book include:
• Mason Jar Candle
• English Furniture Polish
• Bug-Be-Gone Insect Repellent
• Chamomile Sunburn Salve
• Everyday Body Butter
• Rose Lip Gloss
• Waterproof Shade Hat
• Nontoxic Wood Sealant
Whether you use beeswax from your backyard hive or purchase a supply, this book offers tips, tricks and techniques for getting the most out of this miracle ingredient.
The reader will learn:
• The ideal harvest time for each herb
• Which parts of the herb are used in herbal preparations
• How to increase the potency of home remedies
• How to grow herbs in difficult circumstances
• Which herbal preparations can be made at home and which ones should be purchased
• The difference between using whole herbs and herb-like drugs
• Including 40+ recipes to make for your homegrown apothecary
• With 30 In depth plant profiles
These 10 essential oils span the full range of scents from sweetly floral, to bright menthol, and pungent balsam. They give cheering top notes, balancing middle notes, and long lasting base notes to fragrant or therapeutic blends. They offer a full range of beneficial actions to strengthen the immune system and hasten healing, relief, and comfort.
Here's 80+ recipes for beauty, health, and home using these 10 foundational essential oils, to save you time and money, and build your knowledge.