- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
The Complete Baby and Toddler Cookbook: The Very Best Purees, Finger Foods, and Toddler Meals for Happy Families Hardcover – Illustrated, 15 April 2019
|New from||Used from|
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Sourcebooks eXplore; Illustrated edition (15 April 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 272 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1492677671
- ISBN-13 : 978-1492677673
- Dimensions : 21.59 x 3.81 x 24.13 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 148,718 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the Author
From the Publisher
Hand-Squished Roasted Tomato Sauce (full recipe - instructions, ingredients)
Makes 2 cups; enough for 12 ounces pasta; Total Time: 45 minutes
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Working over bowl, squeeze each tomato half to remove seeds and excess juice; discard seeds and juice. Transfer tomatoes to large bowl. Stir in garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt; transfer to prepared sheet, arranging tomatoes cut side up in even layer.
- Bake until tomatoes are very soft and starting to brown around edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer sheet to wire rack and let tomatoes cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer tomatoes, garlic, and any accumulated juices from sheet to food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as needed. Transfer sauce to clean bowl and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon oil and basil. Season with salt to taste. Serve.
HOW YOUR CHILD CAN HELP
- Squeeze tomatoes in step 2C
- ombine tomatoes with oil and garlic and arrange on baking sheet in step 2T
- ear basil leaves into pieces for step 4
- 2½ pounds vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
A collection of mashes and purees that combine ingredients – everything from fruits and vegetables and grains to dairy, meat, and even fish.
“Great recipe with good ingredients. Love introducing brown rice to my grandbaby.” – Grandparent of 9-month-old, on Chicken, Carrot, and Brown Rice
A chapter full of recipes that are easy to make, attractive to a wide range of ages, and, most important, flexible!
“Our kids loved the chicken and the sweet potatoes. Have never attempted kale with them and all were reluctant at first, but everyone ate it.” – Parent of 5-year-old, 3-year-old, and 16-month-old, on One-Pan Chicken with Kale and Sweet Potatoes
A chapter of fun food easy for toddlers to eat with their hands. These recipes are tasty AND easy to make!
“My nine-month-old dove into this recipe and ate with gusto! It was pleasant to encounter a recipe that is simple, child-friendly, and relatively quick.” – Parent of 3-year-old and 9-month old, on Cheesy Rigatoni
This chapter is full of recipes for gathering, from classic birthdays and small treats to healthy toddler-friendly options.
“I loved not needing extra equipment to make this applesauce. And then the whipped cream gave it a festive air!” – Parent of 2-year-old, on Applesauce with Whipped Cream