Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Cook Once Dinner Fix: Quick and Exciting Ways to Transform Tonight's Dinner into Tomorrow's Feast Hardcover – 4 November 2021
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Never throw out your leftovers again with these delicious and healthy meals designed to transform into an entirely different dish the next night from best-selling author Cassy Joy Garcia.
As a busy mom of two, Cassy Joy Garcia, the best-selling author of Cook Once, Eat All Week, has limited time to get food on the table. With this book, she shares a fresh approach to preparing dinner in a hurry. These 120 easy, delicious recipes are designed to use the leftovers from one recipe to quickly cook a completely different meal the next day.
While most meal-prep cookbooks require you to plan your entire week ahead of time and spend hours in the kitchen (and a small fortune on groceries), Cook Once Dinner Fix shows you how to utilize the leftovers from one meal to create an entirely new creation for the next. The leftover Roasted Garlic Turkey Breast transforms into Spiced Turkey Potato Soup, and Dry-Rubbed Barbecue Brisket becomes crowd-pleasing Cheesesteak-Stuffed Peppers. No matter your favorite flavor profile or dietary restrictions, this book is packed with recipes the whole family will enjoy.
The Cook Once Dinner Fix solves the “what’s for dinner” question without requiring enormous amounts of time, energy, skill, or money. Now dinnertime can be fun, fast, affordable, and sustainable.
—Holly and Natalie of The Modern Proper
"I personally love cooking a meal that can turn into planned-overs, as I like to call it! It's my favorite way to meal prep, and Cassy Joy wrote a whole cookbook doing just this with easy to follow recipes, modifications for different diets, and nutritional info for those counting macros. This book is a meal-prep win!"
—Gina Homolka, author of Skinnytaste cookbooks
"Cassy Joy is the queen at transforming leftovers into best-overs! This indispensable guide will revolutionize how you cook healthy and delicious family meals, saving you time and money along the way!"
—Michelle Tam, New York Times best-selling cookbook author and creator of Nom Nom Paleo
"This is so much more than a cookbook! If you're a busy wife and mom like me, Cassy Joy's meal plans will help you cook with confidence while saving time and money. Her joy for food is infectious, and you can hear her smiling in every word of this beautiful book."
—Rachel Cruze, #1 New York Times best-selling author and personal finance expert
"Cassy Joy does it again with another book to solve the question of 'What's for dinner?' in a way that's approachable, practical, and absolutely delectable. I love the helpful tips for swapping proteins, great techniques for cooking veggies, and ultimate mealtime hacks to make it all happen within a time constraint. It's the kind of book you can cook from all year for countless meals that never feel dull or daunting!"
—Yumna Jawad, founder, Feel Good Foodie
“This book is not only beautiful, but Cassy Joy has a way of transforming the simplest food into a gourmet meal that the whole family will love. That’s what Cassy Joy has always done so well—she makes beautiful meals attainable for everyone. She shows you how to cook the perfect steak and then transform the leftovers the next day into Beef Ramen Noodle Skillet. Cassy Joy also shows how you can adapt the recipe to fit your dietary restrictions, and she includes the nutritional information for every recipe. Cassy Joy has thought of everything in this book, and it will quickly become your favorite kitchen staple, week after week!”
—Juli Bauer, New York Times bestselling author and creator of PaleoOMG.com
About the Author
- Publisher : Simon & Schuster (4 November 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1982167262
- ISBN-13 : 978-1982167264
- Dimensions : 20.32 x 2.54 x 22.86 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 58,230 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
If you’re in a dinner rut, or you need quick, delicious meals that save you time in the future as well this is your new BFF!
Cassy has outdone it with this stunning book with photos of every single recipe (my personal fav!!)
This is the book I’ll be reaching for time and again while I prep supper!
- gorgeous layout and great concept that offers simplified meal prep basically with the main protein (like cook two steaks at the same time- one is marinated for meal 1, the other is not for meal 2)
- author has an exceptional flavor pallet and you’ll gain lots of simple ways to make really flavorful sauces, dry rubs, etc.
- this book adds seafood and vegetarian recipes- good addition but will update after making some. They aren’t very appealing to me at first glance, but her recipes often surprise me so will give them a shot and revise this if needed. I always make them exact the first time, because the author is so talented.
- many recipes seem to be very similar/mostly recycled to her prior cookbook. This is great if you don’t have her COEAW book, but as someone who diligently made every recipe in that book, it was disappointing to see so many repeats or similar repeats. Because she pulls together so many unique and flavorful dishes, I wanted all new recipes that would pique my interest and feel this falls a bit flat.
- this book doesn’t include shopping lists or meal plans. They say they will be released on her website soon, but it’s a big issue and gimmicky to not have them included. It really detracts from what this book offers and seems like a poor decision. I don’t want extra random papers shoved in my new lovely book- I want them included. If she edits and changes this in the next publication, I really think everyone who pre-ordered should get a replacement book.
- the serving size is a rough concept- if doing the dinner series (two meals) for example, it may serve two people but if cooking only one of the two meals, it serves four. I love math, but also have decision fatigue in my life and don’t need to do tons of math during dinner prep. This leaves you having to essentially double two different recipes simultaneously if you still need it to serve four instead of two while doing two meals. Maybe that’s unavoidable, but tiring.
- the book binding seems weak. It’s nice that it opens and lays flat, but I can anticipate it separating sooner rather than later.
- note that as written, many recipes are not health/calorie conscious. It’s great to have a general calorie amount per serving listed, but most are upwards of 500-800 calories for one serving of one meal.
Overall, I like this book and trust the author, her flavors choices and pallet. Her blog/website Fed and Fit gives anyone access to her style and can give you a sense of what her recipes are like. COEAW has more extensive meal prep, but is easier to understand in my opinion. The concept of two meals at a time in CODF may be more manageable for some people, but the lack of included tools also makes it harder. Many recipes or recipe concepts are recycled, but CODF likely has more and includes vegetarian and seafood. I do see a need for improvements in the book and hope it grows on me and with me, the way that COEAW did. That’s a tough book to stand up to, so I think this is a decent follow-up. I still hope she comes out with a COEAW volume II that is similar with all new recipes- that would make my year!
Edited: I was waiting for the shopping lists and meal plans to become available on the website. They are there- and 99 pages total! These were included in her prior book and I’m beyond annoyed. Am I seriously supposed to print another 99 pages and wedge them into the book? Create another binder to supplement it? I’m unsure if the cost of adding the pages was an issue or if it’s a sales gimmick, but very frustrating either way. Again, anyone who preordered should receive a free updated book if this is corrected in a revised publication.