Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Danielle Capalino
Danielle Capalino, MSPH, RD, is a registered dietitian in private practice in New York City. She is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Danielle Capalino
Beat bloat and discomfort with the scientifically proven, easy-to-follow, low-FODMAP plan.
There are a lot of myths about beating stomach bloat and getting a flat tummy, but the FODMAP approach has been scientifically proven to work for both. FODMAPs are sugars found in certain foods that can be hard to digest, and can cause discomfort, gas, and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms. Some of the most nutritious foods around are high in these sugars, frustrating people who eat well but still have tummy issues. Apples, garlic, onions, beans, dairy, bread, and cereals are on that list. It may sound complicated or far-fetched but the many converts who have tried the science-supported diet swear by it. In addition to useful everyday advice, the book includes:
- The differences and similarities between this diet and a gluten-free diet
- 7-day sample menu plan with recipes
- Simple and easy recipes for the basic items you need to adapt to fit into the low-FODMAP diet, including staples like salad dressing, marinade, and dips
- Clear explanations for the science behind the low-FODMAP diet and why it works
Feed your inner self to lose weight and feel great.
Have you fed your microbiome today? The ecosystem of microbes in your gut affects your digestion, weight, energy level, and more. The Microbiome Diet Plan will help you nurture a healthy microbiome for a healthy life.
You’ll start by restoring your microbes to their happy place. Then, learn to sustain those positive changes for improved digestion, increased energy, and better sleep. This microbiome diet plan includes practical info like food charts, shopping lists, and lifestyle tips. Many of the recipes are grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, or vegan.
The Microbiome Diet Plan includes:
- Two-phase meal plan—Restore and sustain your gut health with a full 6-week microbiome diet meal plan.
- More than 125 recipes—Enjoy Sweet and Savory Orange Walnut Salad, Korean Beef Tacos with Red Slaw, Cinnamon Rice Pudding, and other tasty dishes.
- DIY fermentation—Make good-for-your-gut fermented creations like sauerkraut and kimchi, or even Fermented Salsa or Fermented Cranberry Sauce!
Lose weight and find peace from the inside out with The Microbiome Diet Plan—your digestive system will thank you!
Tasty drinks your tummy will love
Poorly digested sugars and carbohydrates are often the cause of discomfort. Low-FODMAP diets, which feature foods low in these elements, have become popular aids in gut health and comfort. It can feel hard to keep track of it all, though, and sometimes a quick fix that actually helps relieve pain and bloat right away is the perfect antidote— especially when it may also result in flatter bellies. From satisfying smoothies to warm broths, creative cocktails to nutrient- packed juices, Danielle Capalino has thought of a drink for everyone and every gut. Recipes include:
- Orange Cream Smoothie
- Ginger-Infused Sipping Broth
- Golden Milk Latte
- Lemon Rosemary Cocktail
Discover the pathway to ultimate gut health by raising a delicious, probiotic- rich glass. This book offers a comprehensive introduction to the low-FODMAP diet, information on probiotics, and much, much more.