Dr Barbara Bolen
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Dr Barbara Bolen
Dr. Barbara Bolen is the IBS Expert for About.com. She is a psychologist, health coach, and health writer specializing in digestive health.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Dr Barbara Bolen
If you suffer with symptoms of IBS, you know that digestive troubles and pain can disrupt your day-to-day life. Fortunately, researchers have come up with a new treatment plan to help you control symptoms: a low-FODMAP diet. FODMAPs are a collection of short-chain carbohydrates that are difficult to digest and found in many common foods, like wheat, milk, beans, and some vegetables, fruits, and sweeteners. The Everything Guide to the Low-FODMAP Diet walks you through the step-by-step process for identifying your individual sensitivities--and gives you options and substitutions so you can enjoy your favorite foods again.
Learn how to:
- Understand food allergies and intolerance
- Identify high- and low-FODMAP foods
- Eliminate FODMAP sources from your diet
- Stock your pantry for success
- Create your own personalized diet based on your unique needs
- Re-create favorite recipes using low-FODMAP ingredients
Improve your health and quality of life with expert advice and strategies to outsmart IBS.
Filled with practical tips and support to help you deal with the stress and lifestyle changes that come with living with IBS each day, IBS: 365 Tips for Living Well will show you how to:
- Find ways to treat your IBS effectively and avoid flare-ups, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, and complementary and alternative therapies
- Relieve stomach pain, gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation
- Know which food and beverages to eat and drinkóand which ones to avoid
- Begin a Low-FODMAP diet to ease painful symptoms and improve digestion
- Feel confident at work, school, parties, and the gym and in all of your everyday activities
- Prevent IBS from compromising your personal relationships