Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: 100 Delicious No-Fuss Meals for Busy People Paperback – 26 September 2017
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
Making delicious home-cooked meals is a snap with this slow-cooker cookbook.
Deciding what's for dinner doesn't have to be a panic-filled, last-minute decision. The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook is designed to make things deliciously fast and easy for busy home cooks--with no-fuss meals that anyone can make.
From Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal and Mexican Corn Chowder to Beer Brisket and Banana Bread, this slow cooker cookbook is filled with savory, limited-ingredient recipes. Take just a few minutes to prep and set in the morning and unveil a complete, mouthwatering meal in time for dinner.
The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook includes:
- 100 effortless recipes--Breakfasts, stews, desserts, and more...choose from loads of 5-ingredient, slow cooker recipes that take 15-minutes or less to prep.
- Great tastes that are good for you--Whole food recipes--complete with detailed nutrition info--help you keep home cooking healthy.
- One-pot meals--You won't need sides thanks to this slow cooker cookbook--recipes are complete, delicious, and satisfying meals all on their own.
Discover how simple home-cooked dinners can be with The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook.
From the Publisher
Eliminate the 5 o'clock panic
Whether you’re a working professional, a stay-at-home parent, a student, or a retiree, weeknight dinners just seem to be a challenge to get on the table, don’t they? We’re all busy rushing around at work or at home getting errands done, homework accomplished, activities driven to, household duties looked after, and appointments kept. And the hour that we should be preparing dinner—from 5 to 6 p.m.—seems to be the busiest! Some moms of young toddlers call it the witching hour because their young children seem to turn into crazy monsters then. That’s why I’m a huge fan of the slow cooker.
Easy 5-Ingredient Recipe Manifesto:
- 5 ingredients
- One-pot meals
- 15 minutes of prep
- The recipes cook for 8+ hours
- Zero processed foods
- Variety of recipes
Sample Recipe: Turkey-Lentil Chili
Serves 4 / Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 8 hours
I love this chili because it is so easy to make—and delicious. The picante sauce is a key ingredient because it enhances the flavor. My kids like to crumble corn chips on top of their chili for an extra crunch. If you have time, you could brown the ground turkey before adding it to the slow cooker for extra depth of flavor.
1. Put the ground turkey in the slow cooker. Using a wooden spoon, break up the turkey.
1. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, lentils, water, picante sauce, and chiles.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
3. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat into even smaller pieces. Ladle the chili into bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
One time when I was making this recipe, I didn’t realize I was out of lentils. How can I make lentil chili without lentils? I ended up using barley in its place and it turned out great! I love the chewiness of the barley.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 2½ cups water
- 2 cups mild picante sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
"If you are a busy mom, then you need this cookbook in your life. Recipes are easy to prepare and are delicious. I love that I can quickly prep dinner in the morning before I leave for work, throw it in the slow cooker, and a delicious dish is waiting for my family and I when I arrive home."--Cheryl H.
"I bought this book because I love the author's recipes on her blog! I wanted to replace my other crockpot cookbooks with one that had less processed ingredients and this cookbook did not disappoint! I also love that she does not use obscure ingredients that are not easy to find. Excited to add this cookbook to my collection!"--Rebecca G.
"I was so excited when I received the book! I love using my slow cooker, and I have enjoyed her other books as well! This is a great book for someone starting to use slow cookers! I can't wait to try the recipes! Five stars, no doubt about it!"--Kelsey
About the Author
KAREN PETERSEN is a busy mother of two and author behind the popular food blog 365 Days of Slow Cooking. Caught between busy schedules and raising her kids, Karen began developing recipes for her slow cooker to reclaim time for herself. She shares her recipes in the The Easy 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook so others can enjoy dinner without rushing to make it.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (26 September 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 150 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1623159954
- ISBN-13 : 978-1623159955
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 1.02 x 23.37 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 111,983 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: