Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
“By developing an understanding of the workings of your vagus nerve, you may find it possible to work with your nervous system rather than feel trapped when it works against you.” — Dr. Arielle Schwartz, Clinical Psychologist
In 2010, researchers of the Department of Psychology of the University of North Carolina discovered a positive feedback loop between high vagus nerve tone, positive emotions, and good physical health. In other words, the more you increase your vagal tone, the more your physical and mental health will improve, and vice versa. However, this is not always possible because of our frantic lifestyle.
Fortunately, there are many quick and easy ways to activate the nerve and restore the body to good health. This book will show you how to unlock the power of the vagus nerve to heal your body and return to a state of balance with exercises and activities that are easy to follow.
What you will learn
- The most efficient methods for relaxing the vagus nerve
- New ingenious and creative ways to treat depression and anxiety
- How the vagus nerve acts against neuropsychiatric disorders and how to use it to your advantage
- How to become more confident with the latest neuroscience studies
- Dozens of new medical studies on depression and anxiety
- Advice based on scientific research on how to treat post-traumatic stress disorders, obesity, and bipolar disorder with vagus nerve stimulation
- Various relaxation techniques accessible and practicable by everyone
- Methods to boost your immune system used by both Asian gurus and top athletes
- The pillars of Polyvagal's theory and cognitive behavioral therapy and how to use them in a simple and innovative way
- Studies on how to improve cognitive skills through vagal tone
- Tips on how to identify if the vagus nerve is damaged and how it can be healed
- The role of the vagus nerve in weight loss and strategies on how to use it to your advantage
- A method of relaxation that rock stars have always used (page 130!)
- A FREE COURSE, available online, to free you permanently from anxiety and increase your self-esteem
Who This Book is For
1. Everyone who has problems with anxiety and depression
The monster that lurks in the minds of millions of people. Many people don't even know they have it and simply think it is a part of who they are. Understanding the disease is the first step to fighting it. Many people have already benefited from the effects of vagus nerve therapy, even those with more severe problems.
2. Everyone who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder
For severe problems, we recommend consulting a specialist. However, the book's studies will prepare you for the topic, which will undoubtedly be useful in the therapy phases.
3. Everyone who simply wants to know more about the vagus nerve
The latest studies on the subject and how the vagus nerve connects with inflammation, weight gain, sleep, and more.