To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
I can't seem to use this. I think it's my set up more than this product. I have a VERY high chandelier that is not fixed. Because it swings around so much I can't get any leverage to push up on the socket and get hold on the metal base (I had a bulb break off and I'm trying the socket removal tool). I wish I could use it but I can't. I have a bulb now to change in the center that is a flat flood style bulb so we'll see how the caged attachment works. You do get a lot of different tools with one kit. I already had the extension pole so I used this with my existing one.
I bought this specifically for the flood lamp attachment, and it did the job.
Pros: It did a decent job of getting on to and gripping the flood lamp, both removing the lamp and inserting another.
Cons: The attachment was spinning on my extension pole (even though I had tightened the locking nut), so after tightening it a little more, it stripped. I had to use brute force and duct tape to get it to stay still on the extension while I loosed the old bulb.
+1 for ease of use and grip on the lamp -1 for cheapness of tightening nut
Had an outside floodlight that needed replacing but the ladder would not work with all the shrubbery in the way. Both this kit and figured it was worth a try. Screwed the floodlight adapter onto my 20 foot pole and I had that build out and replaced in under 10 minutes!
This product works as intended. When using it for flood lights or recessed can lighting, you need to tilt it to the side so that the springs release the bulb. You shouldn't have any issues with it coming unscrewed from your pole. The suction cup seems kind of useless.
I used this to change some PAR30 bulbs in a 20' ceiling. The suction cup attachment worked "okay" for removal of glass, incandescent bulbs. It was marginal, but acceptable for installation of new LED bulbs that have some plastic-like (non-glass) finish. Figured out that the best, sure-fire, non-failing solution with using the suction cup is not to wet it, but rather get it really dry then stick a loop of duct tape onto it. It worked phenomenally well with the duct tape!