|Product Dimensions||6.99 x 1.78 x 1.78 cm; 41 Grams|
|Item Model Number||FGDW-002-1|
|Batteries||1 CR123A batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Battery powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||User Manual, 1x1/2 AA Battery, Mounting Tape, Door Window Sensor1|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Item Weight||41 g|
FIBARO FGDW-002-1 Door Window 2 Z-Wave Plus Magnetic Opened/Closed Sensor with Temperature Detection, FGWD-002-1, White
|Price:||+ $7.38 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- MONITOR ANY DOOR: Get fast text or email alerts about a window or door left open whenever you're not around (Z-Wave system needed, sold separately). Track any open / close activity on any door you can think of, including safety gates, medicine cabinets, safes, and closets. Then use these reports to create the perfect automations for your daily routine!
- AND MORE: Any report that's sent from the sensor to your network uses encrypted signal. The device features tamper protection for extra security. And as a bonus, Figaro put a temperature sensor inside this smart device so you can make sure every room is at your comfort level.
- HUB REQUIRED: This sensor will work great with any open Z-Wave system like SmartThings, Vera, Nexin, Home Center Lite, or Home Seer. It is NOT supported by Wink or alarm panels (ADT Pulse, Vivian, Alarm, and others). This is the Z-Wave version, NOT for Apple Home Kit.
- 5-MINUTE SET-UP: Just stick the sensor and magnet to any door or window frame and add the device to your hub in 2 easy steps. Its miniature design allows the sensor to be mounted wherever you need open/close monitoring. It's so efficient, it will last 2 years on a single battery (included).
- YOU'RE COVERED: This is a Z-Wave Plus certified and UL listed device created and built in Europe from quality materials. Support portal and documentation are available on the Figaro website so if you ever need help, just ask!
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Figaro door/window Sensor2 is the latest battery powered Z-Wave plus reed sensor with integrated temperature sensor. The sensor expands the capabilities of your smart home by monitoring the opening of doors, windows, child gates, cabinets and garage doors. With the built in temperature sensor you can monitor temperature in any room or location. It can also be used in automatic light control, access control and property protection systems. Installation of the door/window sensor in your home increases the safety and comfort of its inhabitants. It also eliminates the risk of high fees for heating or air conditioning. The Figaro door/window sensor is compatible with many Z-Wave smart hubs such as home center 2 and lite, SmartThings, Samsung connect, Verizon Smart HUB, home seer, and Nexin.
From the manufacturer
Advanced security, simple configuration
Improve the security of your home with the fast and reliable open / close alerts from this sensor. Use built-in temperature sensor to create custom automations for optimal comfort and efficiency: instantly turn off the air conditioner when you keep the patio door open in summer. Combine the sensor with a Z-Wave siren to monitor intrusions or simply activate the lighting on your entrance as soon as you open the front door every night. The FIBARO Door / Window sensor 2 will signal tampering for additional protection.
The FIBARO Door / Window Sensor 2 is extremely compact and very light, which makes it quick &easy to mount without any additional tools. Its minimal design makes it an optimal safety device that will integrate with any surface or interior.
For all opening & closing scenarios
Don't let the name fool you. This sensor is an excellent security addition to any open / closed structure: garage doors, skylights, safes, etc. Watch the security barrier at the top of the stairs or in your child's room; Receive instant alerts if your medicine cabinet, freezer door or kitchen drawers are opened unexpectedly.
Notifications on your phone or Apple Watch
The FIBARO Door / Window Sensor 2 works perfectly with most Z-Wave hubs such as FIBARO Home Center Lite, FIBARO Home Center 2, SmartThings, Vera, Nexia, Home Seer, Zippato and more. If you are Apple Watch user you can get notifications always when the status of your door or window changes.
No wires = non-invasive installation and repair! FIBARO does not require any wires of the building structure or electrical installation. Our technology is wireless, modern and safe, thus allows you to add more and more devices in a completely non-invasive way.
FIBARO manufactures Z-Wave devices and hardware compatible with the Apple HomeKit platform. These are two separate lines of devices adjusted to the needs and preferences of our customers.
Reliable Z-Wave protocol
Free Android and iOS App
Integration at its finest
All your needs fulfilled
Valued and recognizable
- 2017 CES Innovation Award
- 2019 CES Innovation Honoree
- 2014 & 2016 iF Design Award
- Z-Wave Alliance Member
- CEDIA Founding Member
Get to know FIBARO
FIBARO is a global brand that provides solutions for buildings and home automation. In just a few years’ time, the FIBARO system has spread throughout 6 continents, becoming one of the most advanced, wireless smart home systems in the world.
Our solutions are entirely designed, developed & produced in Europe. Our engineers & employees constantly strive for perfection by improving the system, so that it serves its Users at best.
- global presence
- in-house design, development & production in Europe
- over 150 registered trademarks & patents
- a wide range of smart home products and capabilities
- hundreds of plug-ins and integrations with devices of such manufacturers as: Google, Apple, Samsung, Amazon, Bose, D-Link, Yamaha, Philips or Yale
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
It just went the direct way into the trashbin. What a waste of money! :-(
Reviewed in the United States on 5 June 2019
It just went the direct way into the trashbin. What a waste of money! :-(
It uses the S-2 security, and I sometimes have to "fight" with my Vera Secure to get S-2 devices paired. The first FGDW-002 went easy, the second one did not. I ultimately did a "factory reset-restore from backup" cycle on the Vera, and it paired immediately after that.
The second one also had a problem with one of the tamper switches. It uses the pressure from the sensor cover when in place to push on a switch on the side of the internal sensor body. The first FGDW-002 had no problems, but the second one would not depress the switch properly. So I had to tape a thin piece of cardboard to the inside of the sensor cover in the right place so it would depress the switch when the cover was put on. This may have been part of my pairing problems with it, I don't know.
Another negative is the convoluted method by which you do a factory reset. Hold both tamper buttons, and with your third hand, insert the battery, wait for the right kind of flashing on the LED, let a button go, press it again, hope for the best. It's a pain.