Wow wow wow.
Love this book with all my heart!!
Kindness and hope and love can literally save lives. Everyone has something to offer. Spread joy!
Seriously. If you need a good cry or need to believe in humanity and goodness again, this book will help.
You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This price was set by the publisher.
Flight of the Puffin Kindle Edition
|Length: 240 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.49 after you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 10 - 14||Grade Level: 5 - 9|
* "Four narrators spread across small towns in Vermont and the city of Seattle establish meaningful connections in this highly satisfying examination of the power of small, positive actions. . . . . Braden takes these disparate threads and weaves them together in a way that will not just appeal to young readers but will lead to an empowering acceptance of themselves. This includes an understanding of how treating those who identify as transgender with respect is just another way of appreciating and celebrating our differences. . . . A great read aloud for classrooms that are dealing with bullying in any form as well as an inspiration for sharing art. The balance between urban and rural as well as popular and uncool promotes the value of building a network in this striking entry."--School Library Connection, starred review * "The narrative develops each individual's story, gradually providing clues about their homes, families, and schools. . . . Braden sensitively demonstrates how isolating it can be to live with people who, despite good intentions, force their children to fulfill expectations that run counter to their own senses of self. . . . All the characters find ways to encourage each other, be less alone, and connect."--Booklist, starred review --This text refers to the hardcover edition.
The author of The Benefits of Being an Octopus delivers a stirring novel in which one small act of kindness ripples out to connect four kids in need of support. --This text refers to the hardcover edition.
- ASIN : B08L77NGD4
- Publisher : Nancy Paulsen Books (4 May 2021)
- Language : English
- File size : 2453 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 240 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1984816063
- Best Sellers Rank: 1,020,065 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
4.7 out of 5
33 global ratings
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Heartprint book!!!Reviewed in the United States on 4 June 2021
2 people found this helpful
A favoriteReviewed in the United States on 13 July 2021
This book is my 9 year old's absolute favorite... she stayed up late hiding under the covers to finish it. Well written, imaginative and tackled important social issues.
One person found this helpful