Wow wow wow.
Love this book with all my heart!!
Kindness and hope and love can literally save lives. Everyone has something to offer. Spread joy!
Seriously. If you need a good cry or need to believe in humanity and goodness again, this book will help.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Flight of the Puffin Hardcover – 20 July 2021
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
* "Four narrators spread across small towns in Vermont and the city of Seattle establish meaningful connections in this highly satisfying examination of the power of small, positive actions. . . . . Braden takes these disparate threads and weaves them together in a way that will not just appeal to young readers but will lead to an empowering acceptance of themselves. This includes an understanding of how treating those who identify as transgender with respect is just another way of appreciating and celebrating our differences. . . . A great read aloud for classrooms that are dealing with bullying in any form as well as an inspiration for sharing art. The balance between urban and rural as well as popular and uncool promotes the value of building a network in this striking entry."--School Library Connection, starred review * "The narrative develops each individual's story, gradually providing clues about their homes, families, and schools. . . . Braden sensitively demonstrates how isolating it can be to live with people who, despite good intentions, force their children to fulfill expectations that run counter to their own senses of self. . . . All the characters find ways to encourage each other, be less alone, and connect."--Booklist, starred review
The author of The Benefits of Being an Octopus delivers a stirring novel in which one small act of kindness ripples out to connect four kids in need of support.
- Publisher : Penguin; 1st edition (20 July 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1984816063
- ISBN-13 : 978-1984816061
- Reading age : 10 - 14 years
- Dimensions : 14.61 x 2.41 x 21.74 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 592,100 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
4.7 out of 5
33 global ratings
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Heartprint book!!!Reviewed in the United States on 4 June 2021
4 people found this helpful
A favoriteReviewed in the United States on 13 July 2021
This book is my 9 year old's absolute favorite... she stayed up late hiding under the covers to finish it. Well written, imaginative and tackled important social issues.
2 people found this helpful