|Product Dimensions||12.65 x 1.9 x 6.5 cm; 240.4 Grams|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Item Model Number||G3|
|Other display features||Wireless|
|Item Weight||240 g|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||6 April 2017|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $20.00 delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
GlocalMe G3 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot, [Upgraded Version] Worldwide High Speed WiFi Hotspot 1GB Global Initial Data, No SIM Card Roaming Charges International Pocket WiFi Hotspot MIFI Device (Gold)
|Price:||& FREE Delivery|
- WORLDWIDE SIM FREE CONNECTION - Powered by innovative Cloud SIM technology, GlocalMe G3 hotspot allows travelers to access the Internet at any point of their travels without any local SIM card or roaming charge in 100+ countries and regions
- 4G LTE HIGH SPEED NETWORK - 50Mbps max upload speed and 150Mbps max download speed allow you to enjoy movies music and reading everywhere. It can connect up to 5 devices, you can share the internet with your friends or families
- 1GB INITIAL GLOBAL DATA PACKAGE - Each device comes with 1GB initial global data which equals $36. GlocalMe also offers different kind of data plans which may be as low as $1.5/Daypass for some countries, please check the details in our APP or website
- PRIVATE SECURITY WIFI - GlocalMe use the most security protocol to keep your WIFI connection safe. Also with the GlocalMe APP, you can manage the data usage effectively and smartly. Easily track detailed interaction with the data, connect to personal network, purchase data, etc
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL - G3 also works as a traditional unlocked Wi-Fi hotspot with two SIM card slot. Built-in 5350mAh battery, make sure up to 15 hours non-stop using. Also you can take it as a power bank, that means fully recharge a standard cellphone over 3 times
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Connect Global, Pay Local
Stay online globally without any SIM card and roaming fee! GlocalMe is redefining the way we stay connected to the internet globally by offering network compatibility with a number of carrier networks in 106+ countries and regions around the world.
Cost-effective data rates
GlocalMe brings affordable, predictable and flexible rates to fit your need. You can do pay-as-you-go and pay only for the data you actually used. GlocalMe also provides quite a few multi-country or single-country data packages at even more favorable prices. More details about coverage and data packages visit our website: www.glocalme.com.
Hotspot doesn't need to be dumb
Mobile phone APP enables you to connect to safe personal Wi-Fi and manage your device and data usage easily, timely and effectively. You can track data usage, account balance and purchase history, top-up account and purchase new data packages on GlocalMe user friendly APP.
Works as a traditional hotspot
Two SIM card slots for your favorite destinations, U2 can also be used as a traditional unlocked Wi-Fi hotspot with the insertion of local SIM card to receive local 3G/4G network signals.
LTE-FDD Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9/17/19/20
LTE-TDD Band 38/39/40/41
WCDMA: Band 1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19
CDMA/EVDO: BC0 BC1
Data Encryption: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
WiFi broadcast strength is extremely poor. I bought this device to use for internet access on oilfield locations, where accommodations are typically small metal walled shacks. The wifi signal produced by this device is the weakest of any device I've used, often being unable to penetrate a door or wall.
By comparison, I can put an HP250/252 mobile printer, iphone, laptop, Huawei E8372 not just outside, but in a completely separate shack 20-50 ft away and connect to it them with any device, without a good signal. The Glocalme G3 can be found by my laptop with an intermittent connection, and my iphone cannot pick it up, if the Glocalme is just outside the door or even on the roof, less than 6' from the devices.
Cellular Signal Strength:
Below average for a hotspot. Unfortunately this particular device has no external antenna ports (TS9, etc), so in areas of weak coverage, the device will not pick up a signal, even if your phone can manage a usable connection to the same network. The lack of antenna connection is just bizarre for a product of this purpose and price.
App and Device Interface:
The device GUI leaves a lot to be desired. In Vsim mode there isn't any ability to set 2G/3G/4G or choose/view available networks. You just need to hope that it connects to usable connection. In Amsterdam airport, this worked fine, however in Saudi Arabia so far it seems to choose a network with poor connectivity, when my iphone 6 can choose any of the three networks with better results.
Furthermore in local sim mode, all you can really do is choose APN and 2G/3G or 2G/3G/4G. That's about as complex a preference you can access.
The App itself is exceptionally poor. You can use it to purchase data, and that's about it. No ability to change any settings on the GlocalMe, which is a major let down. Often with a poor connection you may want to try moving the device to different areas to improve connectivity to a cellular network. However signal strength isn't even accessible on the app. You also cannot toggle which SIM to use other than physically on the device.
The interface itself is poor. For instance "Data Connection" title for a toggle button is also link to a data connection configuration pane, where you can select your APN and network type. However this link is in the same font, and position as all other parameters being displayed so, it isn't at all intuitive to click on or attempt to access. A very frustratingly and poorly executed App overall.
Just about any mainstream wifi hotspot will perform better than this device, and give you more configuration options, and most importantly a usable wifi connection to the device. I have a very inexpensive and old E8372 that is a far better performer, and they run well under $50 USD to purchase and also have TS9 antenna ports for areas of poor signal strength. Moving up from there an E5577 is twice the product for half the price.
That said, for the VSIM side of things, I would still recommend this product over the round orange competitor. The data bundles are easy to purchase and have a good variety. It's a very convenient feature, and is the only reason this device receives 3 instead of 2 stars. Without the VSIM and data packages they're offering, this hotspot is not worth anyone's money.
In a city with extraordinary cellular coverage, this device may be more desirable, but don't expect to be able to wander far from it.
1) Way better than WIFI hotspots (like USELESS RIP OFF DOCCOMO). My “go -to” when i needed gps for directions eyc.
2) Works as advertised and reliable.
3) Long battery life, and can act as power pack
4) Easy to add more time.
1) A bit heavy (more nusance than huge problem).
2) Does not work “anywhere” and still needs cell towers, so it does NOT work at sea like on a cruiseship unless in port.
3) Freezes (albiet rarely). When it freezes you need to reset the device.
4) Had a bad habit if switching to another lanuguage (Korean for some reason). Did this several times a day! Never happened in Singaport or Toykyo. Most of this happened in Hong Kong for some reason, as their company is there! No problems eleswhere (Malaysis, Tokyo).
Since other users reported data drain, I disabled photos and videos backup/synch to the cloud. I had no issue with data drainage. I also have had no stalling/freezing or any UI issue that some have reported. May be they got a lemon. It is a little heavy. So, I found an old mobile phone case with a belt clip and wear it on my belt when I am moving around in the city.
This device is perfect for traveling to different countries with short stays where you dont want to bother with switch local sim cards frrquently and you have very light usage such as messaging, maps, and light browsing. If you are staying at one location for a week or longer, you would be better off getting a local sim card which will be significantly cheaper.
The other thing I've found is that when I hit my monthly data limit on my own plan at home, buying some Glocal data in Canada is cheaper than paying overage charges to my own carrier (Bell).
Battery life is great, stability is great (never had to reboot the thing). Very happy I bought it.
The only slight downside is the 5 user connection limit, so I occasionally had to kick the kids off it.