The Good Ancestor: How to Think Long Term in a Short Term World Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Could economists have foreseen the 2008 crash?
Could political pundits have predicted Brexit or Trump?
Long-term thinking struggles to take root in a world where immediate results are demanded and rewarded. Short-term thinking is endemic across all aspects of life.
In The Good Ancestor, leading popular philosopher and best-selling author Roman Krznaric shows just how crucial long-term thinking is, not just for ordinary people but across political, economic, environmental and business worlds.
From the personal to the political, Krznaric identifies the flaws of today’s short-term mindset. Drawing on ideas from a wide range of perspectives including neuroscience, cultural history, politics, economics, art and religion, he offers eight key approaches as a road map for the future of long-term thinking and planning.
Unless we change our habits today, our quick-fix, short-term culture can threaten societies in the long run.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||7 hours and 51 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||16 July 2020|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 18,817 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
26 in Future Studies
35 in Economic History (Audible Books & Originals)
87 in Political Commentary & Opinion
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
1. It is a work of genius that draws its arguments, evidence, data and wisdom from history, natural and social sciences and wisdom-traditions of various cultures across the globe. As an African, I felt seen by the numerous references to my history, culture and continent.
2. The language in which the book is written is incredibly accessible. I see children in primary school and scholars in universities being captivated by the language and ideas in the book. The play on words is the music that allows the book's messages to be imprinted in your heart. And you do not have to make special effort to remember the book's insights because your heart sings as you read each paragraph.
3. The Good Ancestor does not only so clearly expose the challenges we are facing as a humanity, but also offers practical solutions that can be applied at personal, household, community, national and global levels. The book also respects you enough to leave you room to fashion your own ideas and solutions to healing ourselves from shortermism.
With The Good Ancestor being available now, we can no longer say, "We were not told."