Follow the Author
Google Blogger For Dummies 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
More than 14 million people are promoting a business, connecting with family and friends, and sharing opinions with Google Blogger. This book helps you start a Blogger account, create content, build an audience, make money from your blog, and more, all without learning to program. You’ll be able to:
- Learn the parts of a blog, what Blogger does, and how to choose goals and blog topics
- Choose a domain name, learn to use the dashboard, pick a template, and configure settings
- Dress up your blog with themes and find out where to get plenty of free ones
- Learn blogging etiquette and some secrets for long-term success
- Make money from your blog with Google Adsense, contextual and text link ads, and merchandising with CafePress
- Set up multi-user blogs or branch into mobile blogging, podcasting, or video blogging
- Take advantage of social networking sites and learn simple search engine optimization techniques
- Maintain your blog with tools like Blog This! and Quick Edit
- Moderate comments effectively, track your stats, and more
Google Blogger is a great choice for beginning bloggers, and Google Blogger For Dummies gives you the know-how to venture confidently into the blogosphere.
From the Publisher
From the Inside Flap
Want to share your opinions, promote your business, network with others, and maybe pick up a few extra dollars, all without learning to program? Millions of people are doing it with Google Blogger, and you can too. This book helps you create a Blogger account, write compelling content, build an audience, make money from your blog, and more!
What's a blog, and what's Blogger? ― learn the parts of a blog, what Blogger does, and how to choose goals and blog topics
Nuts and bolts ― choose a domain name, learn to use the dashboard, pick a template, and configure settings
Blog effectively ― learn blogosphere etiquette and some secrets for long-term success
Fun bells and whistles ― dress up your blog with templates (lots of them are free!)
Does making dollars make sense? ― explore options for Google Adsense®, contextual and text link ads, paid posts, and merchandising with CafePress
Spread the word ― promote your blog through search engines and social networking sites
A family of blogs ― set up multi-user blogs or branch into mobile blogging, podcasting, or video blogging
Get more Google ― use Picasa®, YouTube, Feedburner, and more
Open the book and find:
How to choose a blog topic and personalize your blog
What you should know about moderating comments
How to maintain your blog with tools like Blog This! and Quick Edit
Simple search engine optimization techniques
Tips for tracking your blog traffic
Where to find cool free templates
How to make money from your blog
Ten useful social networking sites
- ASIN : B001U5VJSG
- Publisher : For Dummies; 1st edition (18 February 2009)
- Language : English
- File size : 10544 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 387 pages
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Some years ago I ran a fairly successful blog of my own, using Blogger as the host; eventually I had to give it up because of shortage of time. I was recently asked to advise a friend on how to start a new one, so I bought this book to refresh my memory.
In my judgement this is a most helpful and easy-to-follow guide, covering all the main points and providing a step-by-step procedure for many of the necessary steps. The only drawback is that the currently available edition is now a couple of years old, and Blogger, like everything else online, is continually under development. So some of the on-screeen windows have changed in their titles and tabs, compared with those illustrated in the book. In one or two cases, more detailed information would also be useful, e.g. how to register the blog with Technorati, a procedure which is, frankly, a pain in the arse.
Otherwise, well worth the price.
The inside is fine not a problem.
for the price it is a good buy.