Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Hannes Hapke
Hannes is a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at SAP Concur where he focuses on ML Infrastructure and Natural Language Processing projects. Hannes is a Google Developer Expert for Machine Learning and a co-author of machine learning publications like NLP in Action
and the O'Reilly publication on Building Machine Learning Pipelines with TensorFlow.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Natural Language Processing in Action is your guide to creating machines that understand human language using the power of Python with its ecosystem of packages dedicated to NLP and AI.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Recent advances in deep learning empower applications to understand text and speech with extreme accuracy. The result? Chatbots that can imitate real people, meaningful resume-to-job matches, superb predictive search, and automatically generated document summaries—all at a low cost. New techniques, along with accessible tools like Keras and TensorFlow, make professional-quality NLP easier than ever before.
About the Book
Natural Language Processing in Action is your guide to building machines that can read and interpret human language. In it, you'll use readily available Python packages to capture the meaning in text and react accordingly. The book expands traditional NLP approaches to include neural networks, modern deep learning algorithms, and generative techniques as you tackle real-world problems like extracting dates and names, composing text, and answering free-form questions.
- Some sentences in this book were written by NLP! Can you guess which ones?
- Working with Keras, TensorFlow, gensim, and scikit-learn
- Rule-based and data-based NLP
- Scalable pipelines
About the Reader
This book requires a basic understanding of deep learning and intermediate Python skills.
About the Author
Hobson Lane, Cole Howard, and Hannes Max Hapke are experienced NLP engineers who use these techniques in production.
Table of Contents
- Packets of thought (NLP overview)
- Build your vocabulary (word tokenization)
- Math with words (TF-IDF vectors)
- Finding meaning in word counts (semantic analysis)
- Baby steps with neural networks (perceptrons and backpropagation)
- Reasoning with word vectors (Word2vec)
- Getting words in order with convolutional neural networks (CNNs)
- Loopy (recurrent) neural networks (RNNs)
- Improving retention with long short-term memory networks
- Sequence-to-sequence models and attention
- Information extraction (named entity extraction and question answering)
- Getting chatty (dialog engines)
- Scaling up (optimization, parallelization, and batch processing)
PART 1 - WORDY MACHINES
PART 2 - DEEPER LEARNING (NEURAL NETWORKS)
PART 3 - GETTING REAL (REAL-WORLD NLP CHALLENGES)
Companies are spending billions on machine learning projects, but it’s money wasted if the models can’t be deployed effectively. In this practical guide, Hannes Hapke and Catherine Nelson walk you through the steps of automating a machine learning pipeline using the TensorFlow ecosystem. You’ll learn the techniques and tools that will cut deployment time from days to minutes, so that you can focus on developing new models rather than maintaining legacy systems.
Data scientists, machine learning engineers, and DevOps engineers will discover how to go beyond model development to successfully productize their data science projects, while managers will better understand the role they play in helping to accelerate these projects.
- Understand the steps to build a machine learning pipeline
- Build your pipeline using components from TensorFlow Extended
- Orchestrate your machine learning pipeline with Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, and Kubeflow Pipelines
- Work with data using TensorFlow Data Validation and TensorFlow Transform
- Analyze a model in detail using TensorFlow Model Analysis
- Examine fairness and bias in your model performance
- Deploy models with TensorFlow Serving or TensorFlow Lite for mobile devices
- Learn privacy-preserving machine learning techniques