Other Sellers on Amazon
The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook: Easy and Wholesome Meals to Cook, Prep, Grab, and Go Paperback – 22 August 2017
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (22 August 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 234 pages
- ISBN-10 : 162315944X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1623159443
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 2.03 x 23.11 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 69,498 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
What Readers Are Saying About The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook:
"One of the only meal-prep books I could find that is not overly focused on weight loss. There are different plans and preps for muscle building, clean eating, and weight loss - but without an overtone of unhealthy weight loss mania. It's a good one."--Jules
"I am the single mom of 3 adolescent kids, so being on the go is my reality. This book filled with great ideas, tips and recipes for cooking homemade, healthy meals, without eating the same chicken, sweet potato and broccoli dish day after day. I love that she teaches how to meal prep with both nourishing foods and variety in mind...Highly recommended!"--Heather
"This cookbook has great recipes, like many others, but what makes it special is how it helps you plan for and prep the meals. I recommend this cookbook for busy people who want to cook and eat healthy."--L Copeland
"[This book] has made meal prep really easy and less of a whole-day event. The food is great, the recipes are fun, and I'm learning a lot! LOVE IT!"--Regan
"I'm a busy mom, just like Toby, and I adore the Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook. This is more than a cookbook--it's a vital tool for every hardworking home cook."-Robin Miller, author, nutritionist, TV host, and founder of Robin Miller Cooks App-RobinMillerCooks.com
"The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook is guaranteed to make it easy to put a good, homemade meal on the table even when you have no time to cook. The vibrant, flavorful recipes are a stunning blend of old-fashioned, down-home comfort and exciting international influences. It's an absolute must have for busy families."-Virginia Willis, chef and James Beard Award-winning cookbook author
"This book takes you from just thinking about eating healthy to actually doing it! Filled with helpful tips, meal plans, shopping lists, storage solutions, and recipes, Toby shows you the way to eat well no matter how busy life gets!"--Ellie Krieger, MS, RDN, award-winning author and host of Ellie's Real Good Food
"Meal planning can often leave people feeling frazzled--but not anymore, thanks to Toby Amidor's new book The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook. Toby provides practical tips as well as easy-to-use shopping lists and charts, mouthwatering recipes, and lick-the-page-delicious photos, so you will be ready to jump in and get started with cooking, prepping, and clean eating. Dig in!"--Joy Bauer, MS, RDN, health and nutrition expert for the TODAY show, best-selling author of From Junk Food to Joy Food, and founder of Nourish Snacks
"My favorite cookbook. . . it not only provides delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes, it also guides the time-impaired cook on how to create healthy meals with the least investment of effort."--Joan Salge Blake, RDN, clinical nutrition professor at Boston University and host of the SpotOn! podcast
About the Author
TOBY AMIDOR is a blogger, author, and regular contributor to online publications such as the FoodNetwork.com and Shape.com. As a leading dietitian and recipe developer, Toby is a firm believer that wholesome food should also be delicious. With over 15 years of experience in her field, Toby lends her knowledge here in the The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook for you to enjoy a happier and healthier breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
From the Publisher
Meal Prep 101
Why Meal Prep?
Say goodbye to your oversized, carb-filled morning muffin from the corner deli and artery-clogging fast food lunch. Meal prepping is about to change all your daily unhealthy grab-and-go choices.
What is Meal Prep?
What exactly is meal prepping? It means scheduling and planning time to prepare and cook several meals at a time and packing them so they’re ready for you to grab and go. Meal prepping also means that you plan in advance for super quick meals during the week, so you have all the necessary ingredients on hand. You can even plan a little prep before bed, so breakfast is ready in a flash or to cut back on dinnertime prep. There are many shortcuts, or 'Toby’s Tips,' you can take to make your life easier, while still enjoying meals that are healthy, delicious, balanced, quick, and portable.
Contents at a Glance:
- Over 150 recipes for grab-and-go breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Two-week meal pleans for clean eating, weight loss, and muscle building
- Shopping lists for preparing your pantry with everything you need to meal prep
- Storage tips for freezing, thawing, and reheating meals
If you know what you are going to cook, you can purchase accordingly. You can purchase meat and other ingredients in bulk, divide them into meal portions, and place them in resealable plastic bags in the refrigerator or freezer. This stretches your food dollar.
Sample Recipe: Beef Stir-Fry with Asian Peanut Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pounds top sirloin, cut into 1½-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons Asian Peanut Sauce (page 211), divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon canola or safflower oil
- ½ head broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup snow peas
Per Serving (1½ cups stir-fry plus ½ cup quinoa).
Calories: 522; Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Protein: 35g; Total Carbs: 39g; Fiber: 5g; Sodium: 223mg.
1. In a large bowl, add the beef strips and 4 tablespoons of the Asian Peanut Sauce and toss to coat the meat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
2. In a medium pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the quinoa and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer the quinoa, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the grains are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cools lightly.
3. In a large wok or skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until it shimmers. Add the beef and cook until it is browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Discard the leftover beef marinade. Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and snow peas, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have started to soften, about 8 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of Asian Peanut Sauce to the stir-fry and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Refrigerate: Store the cooled stir-fry and quinoa together or separately in resealable containers for up to 1 week. Reheat in the microwave for 1½ to 2 minutes.
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Deslike recipe books without pictures, but the major flaw is the american use of imperial measurements - pain for shopping - and some very specific ingredients that can be difficult to source
All ingredients are measured in cups rather than metric or imperial.
Not got many pictures which on one hand is good as you aren’t trying to measure to a perfect picture but on the other it’s good to see what you are aiming for.
All in all a great book, lots of choice, well laid out and all the recipes I have tried have been easy to follow and turned out as expected.
More pics and grams /oz measurements would have given it a 5