Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Henry Fong
Henry Fong is a lawyer by day, but moonlights as the photographer, illustrator, and designer behind Nom Nom Paleo, the Saveur Best Food Blog Award winning website and Webby Award winning cooking app that he co-created with his wife, Michelle Tam. In 2013, Michelle and Henry co-authored their first cookbook, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans, which became a New York Times bestseller and was nominated for a James Beard Foundation Award. Their follow-up book, Ready or Not!, will be released in August 2017.
Henry is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and Yale Law School. Henry, Michelle, and their sons Owen and Oliver currently split their time between Palo Alto, California and Portland, Oregon.
Customers Also Bought Items By
The answer: pick up this book. Ready or Not makes healthy Paleo home cooking a breeze, no matter if there's time to prepare or just minutes to spare. Whether you're a fastidious planner or a last-minute improviser, you'll find plenty of deliciously nourishing options, from make-ahead feasts to lightning-fast leftover makeovers. Presented in Nom Nom Paleo's deliriously fun comic book style, Ready or Not makes Paleo cooking easy, no matter how much time you have. In fact, this cookbook is organized into color-coded sections to match your readiness level:
- GET SET! First, stock your kitchen with essential building blocks—from store-bought necessities to D.I.Y. ingredients that'll set you up for anytime cooking.
- READY! Got time to cook? Turn to these recipes for make-ahead meals and spectacular dishes like Pressure Cooker Bo Ssäm and Strawberry Almond Semifreddo!
- KINDA READY! Learn how to transform pantry staples and leftovers into impromptu meals that'll satisfy the most discriminating palates.
- NOT READY! Emergency meals can be delicious, too. In this section, you'll find super-fast recipes like savory stir-fries and sheet pan suppers.
Along with colorfully written and gorgeously photographed step-by-step recipes presented in a cheeky cartoon format, Ready or Not features kitchen hacks, Paleo ingredient guides, meal plans, shopping lists and more!
Michelle Tam and Henry Fong know that the healthiest meal is the one you make yourself, so they're all about getting you off your butts and into the kitchen. Whether you're cooking for yourself, whipping up a family dinner, or preparing a special-occasion feast, Nom Nom Paleo: Let's Go! will inspire you with deliciously nourishing meals.
Weeknight suppers should be healthy and flavor-packed but also fast and simple. Weekends and celebrations, on the other hand, are the perfect excuse to craft elevated (but easy) crowd-pleasers. This cookbook offers crazy-delicious recipes for all occasions, and every single one is free of grains, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar. Better yet? No one in your family will notice what's missing.
As always, Nom Nom Paleo's recipes reflect the diverse cuisines Michelle grew up with and culinary ideas from her travels. Often Asian-inspired, Michelle's unfussy recipes maximize flavor, optimize whole foods, and are presented with photos of each step so they're absolutely foolproof--even for novice cooks! New recipes include:
- Cantonese Pipa Duck
- Nom Nom Chili Crisp
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Karaage
- Instant Pot Balsamic Beef Stew
- Paleo-Friendly Cream Puffs.