I generally love this series, but I think the author is getting greedy. Each book has gotten shorter and this is by far the shortest at 278 pages vs 405 pages in the first volume. In this book, the author cuts the story off right in the middle of what should have been the concluding story arc, forcing us to buy the next book to see how it concludes. Bad form for a short novel.
Lastly, Jace has experienced almost no character growth over the course of these books. Yes, he has gotten much stronger and learned new magic, but he continues to make the same exact errors every book:
1) has a problem or discovers a hidden danger
2) tries to resolve it himself to protect self/friends
3) hurts/pisses off his friends
4) realizes that he can't do it himself, apologizes and finally lets friends help him
5) rinse and repeat through 5 books
Hasn't he learned yet not to do this?
You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Infinite Core (School of Swords and Serpents Book 5) Kindle Edition
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
- ASIN : B08L4698GZ
- Publisher : Shadow Alley Press; 1st edition (3 November 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 1489 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 277 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 14,299 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
4.2 out of 5
22 global ratings
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Too short, repetitive themes and needless cliffhangerReviewed in the United States on 6 November 2020
8 people found this helpful
GoodReviewed in the United States on 20 November 2020
I liked that Jace took on a new role and continued to grow but the story was slow to start and the ending was lacking something. I like these books and still look forward for the next installment.
I’m having a series to loveReviewed in the United States on 10 January 2021
Can’t wait to see what the next books and towels this book series is fantastic and I’m hoping it comes out an audible soon yeah can’t wait to see you for the next book tells