Janet A. Zimmerman
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Janet A. Zimmerman
Janet A. Zimmerman has been writing about food and teaching cooking classes for more than 20 years. She is the author of the best-selling cookbook "Instant Pot Obsession" and eight other cookbooks. Two of her essays have appeared in the annual anthology "Best Food Writing," and another was awarded the Bert Greene Journalism Award from the International Association of Culinary Professionals. After many years in San Francisco, she now lives in Atlanta.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Janet A. Zimmerman
The official collection of fast and easy one-pot recipes for your Ninja® Foodi™
This one-pot cookbook makes mealtime easy with flavorful, fuss-free recipes that help you get the most out of your Ninja Foodi. Start with pressure cooking and finish with crisping—the Ninja® Foodi’s™ Tendercrisp™ technology is a game-changer when it comes to easy and fast one-pot meals. Recipes take minimal prep, feature easy-to-find ingredients, and, most importantly, require no additional cooking steps or appliances.
Turn your Ninja Foodi into the centerpiece of your kitchen with:
- 100 One-pot recipes—Learn how you can create delicious breakfast, lunches, dinners, and desserts without needing any cookware beyond your Ninja Foodi.
- Fast and convenient—Cook up delicious meals in a flash with recipes that include quick prep, no additional stove-top or oven cooking, and faster cleanup.
- A complete user’s guide—Get to know your Ninja Foodi with handy FAQs and step-by-step instructions to master all of your Foodi’s functions, from “360 meals” to the Tendercrisp™ technology.
Open yourself to a world of fuss-free cooking using your Ninja Foodi thanks to this official cookbook.
Prepare perfectly portioned meals with the The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook for Two
The Instant Pot isn’t just for big batches! The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook for Two is a must-have for people looking for delicious, perfectly proportioned pressure cooker recipes for two.
You’ll save time and simplify your meals using a wide variety of mouthwatering recipes created to satisfy every palate. Start your morning with Savory Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, feel the heat at lunch with Thai Red Curry Beef, and enjoy peppery Chicken Paprikash for dinner. Sweet treats like Mini Chocolate Marble Cheesecake are perfect for dessert or anytime.
This amazing pressure cooker cookbook includes:
- Instant Pot basics—Learn about program settings, pressure cooking terms, support equipment, and more.
- More than 80 time-saving recipes—The time the Instant Pot saves you is a huge part of its popularity.The majority of these recipes take 10 minutes or less to prep, and less than an hour to get on the table. That means you’ll have even more time to enjoy life and each other.
- Small-batch cooking tips—Advice for shopping for two, tips for using leftovers, plus pointers for scaling recipes up or down will help you create meals that are big on taste and low on waste.
Order the The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook for Two today and start making delicious everyday meals created just for two.
Tasty, timesaving recipes for busy cooks using stove-top or electric pressure cookers
Pulled pork in 30 minutes. Sweet potato curry in 20 minutes. Steamed mussels in 10 minutes. It’s not magic. It’s what pressure cooking makes possible.
Now that today’s modern pressure cookers are safer than ever, there’s no need to fear kitchen explosions—and no more excuses for ordering takeout or microwaving frozen dinners. In The Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook, Janet A. Zimmerman offers a mix of 125 classic, international, and modern pressure cooker recipes for all eaters who want to put whole foods meals on the table, but not spend all day cooking them. Here you’ll find:
• The 10 must-know do’s and don’ts of pressure cooking
• A step-by-step guide to using your pressure cooker
• Guidance for adapting your favorite recipes for the pressure cooker
• Recipes with pressure cooking times and preparations for both stove-top and electric pressure cookers
• Nutritional information with every recipe and labels for Paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and one-pot meals to help you find the recipe that’s right for you
Recipes include: Bone Broth, Smoked Salmon Chowder, Honey-Chipotle Chicken Wings, Asian Pork Sliders, Beef Barbacoa Tacos, Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili, Balsamic-Braised Brussels Sprouts, and more!
Your official guide to getting the most out of your Ninja® Foodi™ Digital Air Fry Oven
There’s never been a simpler way to master the many features of the Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven machine. This sheet pan cookbook is bursting with beginnerbasic guidance, hot tips, and tasty food recipes for the whole family. From 60-second preheats to big-batch sheet pan cooking, let this official guide show you how you can take your meals to the next level.
This sheet pan cookbook features:
- STRAIGHTFORWARD INSTRUCTIONS GREAT FOR BEGINNERS: Serve up perfection with straightforward instructions that teach you how to take advantage of your Ninja® Foodi™ Digital Air Fry Oven’s unique capabilities.
- QUICK & EASY RECIPES: Learn how to whip up 75 delicious dishes, ranging from appetizers, desserts, vegetarian dishes, beef, chicken, or pork mains, and so much more. Find something for every diet and lifestyle and cook something new each day.
- HELPFUL FAQs: Get answers for how to convert conventional oven recipes, what kind of cookware you can use from your kitchen, and more.
There’s never been a more convenient appliance than the Ninja® Foodi™ Digital Air Fry Oven―or a better cookbook to pair with it.
Create tasty vegetarian meals for two with your Instant Pot
The Instant Pot makes it convenient to whip up small-batch, veggie-forward meals without lots of dishes, leftovers, or time spent in the kitchen. Whether you’re a full-time vegetarian or simply want to eat more greens, The Instant Pot Vegetarian Cookbook for Two streamlines mealtime with perfectly scaled, meat-free dishes for your Instant Pot. Featuring simple instructions and basic ingredients, these versatile recipes can be made with either a 3- or 6-quart Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot Vegetarian Cookbook for Two includes:
- Tips on cooking for two—Get smart suggestions for planning meals, stocking your kitchen, and shopping for groceries in small batches.
- Instant Pot guidance—Learn everything your Instant Pot can do, find answers to frequently asked questions, and get pointers for safe and successful cooking.
- A focus on nutrition—Find nutritional information for every recipe in this Instant Pot vegetarian cookbook, plus tips for adapting dishes to be vegan, gluten-free, and more.
Explore flavors ranging from regional American favorites to diverse cuisines around the world, with The Instant Pot Vegetarian Cookbook for Two.
Even heat distribution for an extra-crispy crunch—the complete guide to convection ovens
Convection ovens aren’t just for professional kitchens—now you can enjoy everything you would from a restaurant right in your own home with this convection oven cookbook. From flaky pastries to perfectly juicy roasts, here’s how to get the most out of your convection oven—no experience required.
Whether you have a built-in or countertop model, with this convection oven cookbook you’ll learn the science behind convection cooking and how these special ovens can make your favorite dishes even tastier. Then, combine your newfound knowledge of best practices with 101 creative, tasty recipes and see why everyone raves about the crispy, tender, and flavorful meals that convection ovens yield.
Some of the features of this convection oven cookbook include:
- Tips and tricks—Make each recipe tasty and easy with helpful hacks designed to make convection cooking fast and delicious.
- Chart it out—Useful tables in this convection oven cookbook provide temperature and time adjustments so you can adapt any recipe you have for convection perfection.
- Steps for success—Learn how each setting works and what tools you’ll need to succeed with this convection oven cookbook, then use step-by-step instructions to make your first convection meal stress-free and fun.
Bake the most out of your convection oven with this easy and delicious beginner's cookbook.
With one-pot meals specifically designed for duos, the All-In-One Dutch Oven Cookbook for Two is your ultimate solution to unwanted leftovers.
Many Dutch oven cookbooks offer recipes meant to serve 6 or more. But why overspend on pricey ingredients or waste time in the kitchen you’re only cooking for two? The All-In-One Dutch Oven Cookbook for Two will show you how to create the wholesome, delicious meals you want without all the leftovers you don’t.
- More than 90 creative Dutch oven recipes that go beyond chili and stews, offering new perfect-for-two favorites like Butternut Squash Risotto and Chicken and Herb Dumplings
- Meals prep in less than 15 minutes and cook in under 45 minutes and use only your Dutch oven for a nearly hands-off cooking experience
- A sample weekly meal plan perfectly-portioned for two covers breakfasts, mains, vegetarian options, and even desserts
Created by culinary instructor and food writer Janet Zimmerman, the All-In-One Dutch Oven Cookbook for Two calms the common stressors that can go along with cooking for two. You’ll buy only what you need, use just one pot, and wipe your hands clean after the quickest cleanup ever.
“My new favorite cookbook! I especially love that these meals are meant for two people and my husband and I don't end up with a ton of uneaten leftovers. A great cookbook for couples!”— Holly S., Amazon Customer
Whip up delicious meals in an instant
You’d love to prepare a mouthwatering feast for every meal, but life is busy and that’s just not realistic, right? This Instant Pot cookbook begs to differ. It’s filled with super easy recipes that are mostly hands-off, so you can cook quick, flavorful meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert.
What sets this easy Instant Pot cookbook apart:
- An intro to the Instant Pot—Learn how to get the most out of your Instant Pot with a crash course in everything from scaling recipes up or down to the pros and cons of the preset buttons.
- Family-friendly recipes—Discover a range of dishes that only use simple ingredients and are sure to delight the entire family, whether you want a fast breakfast or an indulgent dinner.
- Speed and ease—Prioritize convenience with a number of quick prep, one-pot, and five-ingredient recipes, some of which can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
Create tasty, home-cooked meals even on the busiest of weeknights with this simple, stress-free Instant Pot cookbook.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with delicious desserts made in your Instant Pot
Everyone loves dessert, but baking can feel time-consuming—especially when you want a sweet treat fast. The Ultimate Instant Pot Desserts Cookbook is here to show you how to whip up smooth cheesecakes, silky puddings, quick fruit pies, and more, right on your countertop! With so many options, you might never go back to the oven for dessert!
What sets this Instant Pot recipe book apart from other dessert cookbooks:
- An Instant Pot primer—Learn why your Instant Pot is perfect for baking, thanks to its many features. You’ll go over parts, control panels, and step-by-step cooking methods.
- Simple recipes—Whether you’re looking for elegant dinner party desserts, treats for after-school snacks, or a sweet addition to brunch, you’ll find a variety of time-saving recipes that feature easy-to-find ingredients.
- Bake with just a few tools—Although some recipes require a hand mixer or food processor, all the actual cooking is done in your Instant Pot for fast, delicious desserts.
Take easy baking to a whole new level using The Ultimate Instant Pot Desserts Cookbook.
Unlock the power of your Instant Pot with delicious 5-ingredient recipes
With an Instant Pot and a handful of well-chosen ingredients, you can quickly and easily create flavorful meals the whole family will enjoy. The 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook shows you how. You’ll find recipes for a mouthwatering variety of both American comfort food classics and dishes inspired by cuisines around the globe—all made with just 5 main ingredients or less.
- Instant Pot basics—Get started with a quick primer on how to use all the features of your Instant Pot, scale recipes up or down, troubleshoot common issues, and more.
- Truly easy recipes—Discover set-and-forget recipes that require minimal prep and just a few nutritious ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
- Recipe tips and tricks—Explore pointers for storing leftovers, switching up flavors with different ingredients, and saving even more time in the kitchen.
Simplify mealtime with this versatile 5-ingredient cookbook for your Instant Pot.
Serve comfort by the bowlful with these timeless soup recipes
Award-winning food writer and cookbook author Janet Zimmerman loves soup. Her passion is contagious as she teaches you to master the versatile dish in this must-have soup cookbook. Janet will also help you make the most of your time in the kitchen as you learn to sauté, simmer, and season the perfect bowl.
From hearty Classic Beef Stew to delicate Miso Soup to fall favorite Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, most recipes can be made using standard ingredients already stocked in your pantry or refrigerator. With more than half the recipes featuring rich, detailed photography, you can practically smell the seasonings coming off the page.
- Curated recipes—Discover 50 versatile and essential soups, from American classics to regional favorites to traditional recipes from around the globe.
- Smart labels—Each recipe includes cooking times, serving sizes, and dietary considerations, along with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Souper secrets—Uncover tips and tricks for making bisques, stews, chowders, and more—including stocking your pantry, ingredient variations, even troubleshooting for those cooks who like to experiment.
Find everything you need to become a master of soup with The Essential Soup Cookbook.
Dinner is served—satisfying everyday recipes from your Dutch oven
You know your Dutch oven makes great soups and stews, but this versatile pot can serve up dinners of all kinds. Discover the possibilities with Dutch Oven Dinners, an essential Dutch oven cookbook packed with more than 75 distinctive recipes. Whether you’re getting dinner on the table on a busy weeknight or creating a decadent meal for friends, this Dutch oven cookbook has recipes that are sure to please.
Make life easier with convenient 30-minute and one-pot meals. Get nostalgic with classic slow-cooked favorites, and expand your horizons with flavorful new ideas. This Dutch oven cookbook also includes recipes for quick sides to complete any meal. You can serve many of the dishes in the same beautiful pot, so cleanup is a breeze!
Discover a practical Dutch oven cookbook with:
- Dinner your way—With a variety of ingredients and techniques to suit many tastes and cooking skills, the recipes in this Dutch oven cookbook make it easy to decide what to cook for dinner.
- Delicious dishes—Savor Easy Butter Chicken, Crab and Asparagus Risotto, Beef Stroganoff, Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp, and much more.
- Dietary details—Find nutritional information for every recipe, plus helpful labels for gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free choices.
Find a dinner for every occasion in this delicious Dutch oven cookbook!