Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About John Chatham
John Chatham is one of the most trusted names in health and diet books, ranking among the top 20 most popular authors in Health, Fitness & Dieting on Amazon AuthorRank. With a background in physiology and nutrition, and deep expertise on the benefits of gluten-free and Paleo eating, John Chatham has published numerous #1 best selling books to help readers make positive changes to their eating and exercise habits, including the New York Times Best Seller, Paleo Slow Cooker, and #1 Amazon Best Seller, Paleo for Beginners.
John lives and writes by the philosophy that every individual should be empowered to make the diet decisions that work for their body and their lifestyle. Besides his reader-favorite Paleo series, John's catalogue also includes popular introductions to the top heart-healthy diets, including The Mediterranean Diet, and The DASH Diet for Beginners.
John currently resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife and his dog, Whiskey. He enjoys trail running, international travel, and a steak seared on a well-seasoned cast iron skillet.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By John Chatham
Discover why more people continue to choose Paleo for Beginners—the New York Times bestselling Paleo cookbook that has sold over 150,000 copies sold—more than any other Paleo cookbook.
Paleo is not just another fad diet; it is the diet humans were designed to eat. But getting started on any new diet can be challenging—even one as primal as Paleo. Paleo for Beginners is your one-stop Paleo cookbook for feeling healthy, losing weight, and increasing your energy level. By focusing on low-carb, high-protein meals that remove all processed foods, this Paleo cookbook will help decrease your odds of developing common health ailments such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and more.
Straightforward yet comprehensive, this Paleo cookbook offers:
- A 7-day step-by-step plan for beginners, complete with a Paleo shopping guide
- 145 Paleo-friendly foods that you can enjoy—and an extensive list of what food items you should avoid
- 114 easy, mouthwatering recipes for every meal, such as Eggs Benedict Paleo Style, High-Protein Grain-Free Burgers, Chicken Avocado Wraps, and Paleo Waffles
“This is a good Paleo cookbook for beginners like myself. It gave me a way to start paleo and a meal plan to follow the first two weeks. After reading this book, I know that this is the diet that I can follow and not feel like I'm missing out.”—Sabrina R., Amazon Verified Purchase
Based on research by the National Institutes of Health, and endorsed by top-tier medical institutions like the Mayo Clinic and the American Heart Association, the DASH diet is a scientifically proven method to lose weight, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and a reduce your risk of diabetes.
In The DASH Diet Health Plan, best-selling health and nutrition author John Chatham compiles the findings of the medical and scientific community, alongside dozens of DASH diet recipes, to make it easy to put the DASH diet into action.
With The DASH Diet Health Plan you will get:
• 99 DASH diet recipes for every meal, including hearty breakfasts and satisfying dinners
• A guide to 147 Dash diet foods, ranging from meats and seafood to sweets
• Tips for navigating the grocery store and choosing the right DASH diet foods for you and your family
• 28-day DASH to Fitness workout plan, which provides step-by-step exercise routines to accelerate your weight loss and jump-start your health regimen
• 14-day Menu Planner to help you easily get started on the DASH diet
Discover how simple it is to bake amazingly tasty cake from scratch. All you need is a mug, a microwave, and a few basic ingredients, and you’ll be feasting on a delicious homemade cake in minutes. Whether you’re craving the classics, seasonal flavors, holiday-themed treats, bottomless chocolate, or fresh fruit galore, The Absolute Best Mug Cakes Cookbook ensures that everyone in your household will get exactly what they want. Bake your way through a wide range of satisfying and easy-to-prepare treats with:
• 100+ irresistible mug cake recipes, including Salted Caramel, Cinnamon Roll, Mexican Chocolate, and Confetti
• Dozens of options for gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo and vegan diets so that no one will miss out on the fun
• Troubleshooting tips to ensure immediate mug cake success
• Inventive ideas for mug cake activities, gifts, and parties
• A creative guide to developing your own mug cake recipes
"If you are looking for recipes that can be quickly thrown together on a busy or low-energy day, you won't regret picking up Paleo Slow Cooker...the wide selection of recipes will certainly help you get the most out of your appliance!"—The Paleo Mom
Whether you are trying to lose weight or just want to cut out processed foods and gluten from your diet, the Paleo lifestyle is a perfect way to do it. But finding the time to plan and prepare Paleo-friendly meals can be challenging. Using the convenience of your slow cooker, the New York Times bestselling Paleo Slow Cooker serves up healthy and hearty meals with the added bonus of saving you time in the kitchen.
The Paleo Slow Cooker is your guide to preparing easy, delicious, and healthful recipes:
- 75 Easy to Follow Recipes that are 100% Paleo-friendly and gluten-free
- Helpful Tips to make a quick transition to Paleo slow cooking
- An Essential Overview on the basics of living a Paleo and gluten-free lifestyle
Recipes in the Paleo Slow Cooker cookbook include: Vegetable Frittata, Herbed Meatballs, Slow-Cooked Baba Ganoush, Garden Vegetable Soup, Southwestern Beef Brisket, Vegetable Curry, Toasted Coconut Bread, and much more!
The Paleo Slow Cooker is your quick-start guide to slow cooking, Paleo-style.
Going Paleo shouldn't have to mean giving up cookies.
Achieving the best health of your life doesn't mean giving up your favorite dessert. The Paleo diet just got a little bit easier with the help of Paleo Cookies: Gluten-Free Paleo Cookie Recipes for a Paleo Diet. Offering ingredient alternatives for baking Paleo, from almond flour to coconut oil, Paleo Cookies: Gluten-Free Paleo Cookie Recipes for a Paleo Diet is a concise guide to embracing the Paleo lifestyle and making your own Paleo cookies.
•Enjoy 38 delicious and flexible Paleo cookie recipes
•Includes recipes for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, Paleo Gingerbread Cookies, Paleo "Sugar" Cookies, Paleo Meringue Cookies and Paleo Coconut Cookies.
•Provides an extensive list of alternative ingredients and resources for baking
For more information on how to make Paleo versions of all your favorite foods, check out the rest of the books in this series, including Paleo Cookies, Paleo Muffins, Paleo Pasta, and Paleo Snacks.
It’s simple: The DASH diet is an easy and sustainable tool for creating a healthful lifestyle.
Based on research by the National Institutes of Health, and chosen by U.S. News & World Report as its number-one choice in Best Diets Overall, Best Diets for Healthy Eating, and Best Diabetes Diets, the DASH diet rises above the noise of the gimmicky weight-loss plans.
Created as a way for people with high blood pressure to enjoy the foods they love while working to reduce or correct their hypertension, the DASH diet uses healthful food choices, along with more nutritious ways to prepare favorite dishes, to allow people to eat a varied, delicious, and balanced diet.
And although it wasn’t created as a weight-loss diet, the DASH diet often does result in weight loss, which is a huge benefit to those who have diabetes or high blood pressure, or are at high risk of developing either disease.
In The DASH Diet for Beginners, best-selling health and nutrition author John Chatham provides a straightforward approach to losing weight, reducing hypertension, and improving overall cardiovascular health. More than just a brief overview of the DASH diet, The DASH Diet for Beginners compiles everything you need to know to get started on a healthful new lifestyle.
• 40 delicious and DASH-approved recipes include low-sodium versions of your favorite foods, from Creamy Spinach Dip and Beef Tostadas to Blackened Salmon Filets and Chocolate Strawberry Mousse.
• DASH Diet for Beginners outlines much more than just the basic essentials to get started; it includes DASH diet guidelines and health benefits, scientific studies, a DASH diet foods list, and a healthy fitness and meal plan.
• The Seven-Day DASH Diet Meal Plan provides an easy guide to jumpstart your health and weight loss.
Lose weight, improve your health, and reduce your risk of heart disease with John Chatham’s The DASH Diet for Beginners.
The DASH diet has been named by U.S. News & World Report year after year as its #1 choice in Best Diets Overall, Best Diets for Healthy Eating, and Best Diabetes Diets.
The DASH Diet Cookbook author, best-selling health and nutrition writer John Chatham, provides a straightforward approach to losing weight, reducing hypertension, and reducing your risk for heart disease with the DASH diet. With more than 75 delicious recipes, The DASH Diet Cookbook makes it easy to put the DASH diet into action.
Get started right away with:
More than 75 easy, delicious DASH diet recipes
A detailed index of DASH diet foods, and which foods to avoid
A Body Mass Index Assessment Form for customizing your daily caloric requirements
DASH diet breakfast recipes to start the day off right, including Eggs Benedict and French Toast
DASH diet recipes for every meal, including lunches, snacks, and desserts
In THE BELLY FAT DIET COOKBOOK, best-selling health and nutrition author John Chatham blasts the myths surrounding belly fat, and shows you how to finally get a flat stomach. The groundbreaking research in The Belly Fat Diet Cookbook reveals a science-based approach to healthful eating and looking good that doesn't involve starving yourself. The Belly Fat Diet Cookbook provides delicious, easy-to-follow recipes, and teaches you how to eat more and still achieve a flat belly.
Get more than 100 satisfying, delicious recipes that will help you melt away belly fat, including Chicken Stir Fry, Almond Encrusted Salmon, and a delicious Berry Parfait.
Use the Belly Fat Diet Shopping Guide to minimize your intake of sugar and processed carbohydrates.
Read about the many myths behind the causes of belly fat, and why scientific research has proven these myths to be wrong.
Learn the dangers of excess belly fat, from its harmful impacts on your liver to increasing your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, dementia, and stroke.
Scientific evidence also links weight gain and obesity to gluten consumption.
From the bestselling author of The Paleo Diet Solution comes a groundbreaking new book on Gluten Free living.
This easy-to-follow guide will give you a step-by-step plan to understanding your gluten sensitivity, making the change to a gluten-free lifestyle, and losing weight and feeling better by living gluten-free.
This comprehensive volume includes:
• A Health Guide
* Shopping & Home Tips
* 66 delicious gluten-free recipes
* Understanding the symptoms of gluten sensitivity
• Easy steps to make the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle
• Ways to identify products and foods which contain gluten – even surprising places like lipstick and toothpaste
• Easy meal plans to enjoy the foods you love while staying gluten free
• Secrets to enjoying foods like bread and pizza without consuming gluten
• Tips for eating gluten-free in restaurants or enjoying meals with friends
It doesn’t matter if this is your first attempt at a gluten free lifestyle, or if you’d tried before. The Gluten Free Lifestyle has all the tools you need to live healthy, happy, and gluten free.
You've read about quinoa's myriad health benefits, noticed its migration onto restaurant menus, even learned how to correctly pronounce its name, and now the important part: How do you incorporate quinoa into your kitchen?
Quinoa is a gluten-free superfood high in fiber, and rich in protein and antioxidants that can do wonders for your health. Quinoa is proven to promote weight loss, and is an excellent source of nutrients such as calcium, iron, and B vitamins. Many do not realize that quinoa can be incorporated into practically any recipe from breakfast to dessert. The Quinoa Cookbook will show you how to easily make quinoa one of your diet staples, and how quinoa can help you lose weight and improve your overall health.
The Quinoa Cookbook will show you how to use quinoa in your everyday cooking, with:
• Quinoa nutrition facts, cooking tips, and a brief history of the ancient superfood
• 116 recipes that introduce quinoa into every meal of the day, and dessert, too
• Delicious versions of your favorite meals, including quinoa, such as Quinoa Risotto with Mushrooms and Flourless Chocolate Cake
• A chapter dedicated to ensuring that you understand how to work with quinoa and achieve the tastiest results
Slow cooking offers the best of both worlds — hearty, healthy meals with minimal effort. The slow cooker, or “Crock Pot” as it is commonly referred to, is well known for its delectable pot roasts and savory stews, but what is less known is that it is capable of so much more. Enter bestselling author John Chatham’s latest creation, The Slow Cooker Cookbook, which features over 100 recipes that will put your slow cooker to use from breakfast to dessert.
The Slow Cooker Cookbook helps eliminate that dreadful feeling of coming home from work tired and wondering what’s for dinner. If you own a slow cooker you already know that it’s the easiest appliance to operate in the kitchen. But it takes too long you say. Well, that’s the point. A slow cooker allows you to throw some ingredients in the pot, safely walk away and get on with your life while it does the work.
This cookbook offers recipes for all the traditional comfort food favorites like pot roast, beef stew, pulled pork, BBQ baby back ribs, old fashioned meatloaf, butternut squash soup and even mac ‘n cheese.
Imagine your home filled with the spicy aromas of Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Ranchero Enchiladas or Braised Asian Beef. Dozens of international recipes feature meals you never dreamed of actually making yourself. And with the slow cooker doing all the work you will feel as though you are dining out.
Sounds appealing, but you don’t eat meat? The Slow Cooker Cookbook dedicates an entire chapter of recipes to fish and seafood, and is filled with numerous hearty vegetable dishes like White Bean and Rosemary Soup, Eggplant Parmesan and Vegetarian Cassoulet.
And if slaving over the stove is your passion then most likely you’re not the baking type. Let the slow cooker make dessert. From fruit crumbles and cobblers to hot fudge cake there’s virtually no recipe that this cookbook doesn’t offer.
ASK THE SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK, “WHAT’S FOR DINNER?”
• Over 100 delicious slow cooker recipes covering every meal from breakfast to dessert
• Bonus sections include: “Guide to Entertaining” and “Basics of a Slow Cooker Pantry”
• Written by bestselling author John Chatham, creator of The Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook, The Ultimate Meatloaf Cookbook and Recipes, and The Mediterranean Diet
• Simple, healthy, timesaving recipes for the food lover on the go
The Slow Cooker Cookbook is an easy step-by-step guide to enjoying hearty, healthy meals without any of the hassle.