Julie Andrews MS RDN CD
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Julie Andrews MS RDN CD
Julie Andrews, MS, RDN, CD is a registered dietitian nutritionist and trained chef with a master’s degree in human nutrition. She is the creator and owner of The Healthy Epicurean, where she is a food & nutrition consultant, cookbook author, recipe developer, food photographer, food and nutrition writer and culinary media expert. She is regularly featured on television and in the media where she shares nutrition expertise and showcases simple, wholesome and delicious recipes from her blog, www.thehealthyepicurean.com. Julie’s greatest passion is helping others build confidence in the kitchen and inspiring them to cook for themselves, as she truly believes it's the ticket to better health and a more enjoyable life.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Julie Andrews MS RDN CD
Better Eating for Better Brain Health—The Complete Guide
Your cognition can actually be improved by what you eat. The MIND Diet Plan and Cookbook is the definitive guide to the MIND diet (Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay)—which studies have shown may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Start with a comprehensive 4-week meal plan that eases you into the MIND diet. Plan your own meals with detailed serving guides and tons of brain-boosting recipes—including Cherry Oat Smoothies, Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw, Moroccan Chicken Tagine, and Crustless Apple Pie. Discover simple lifestyle changes that promote a healthier brain.
The MIND Diet Plan and Cookbook features:
- THE COMPLETE MIND GUIDE—Learn to manage your diet with guides to MIND-friendly ingredients, weekly serving goals, foods to limit, and more.
- GOODBYE TO GUESSWORK—75+ simple, mouthwatering recipes—plus a 4-week meal plan, complete with weekly shopping lists and prep instructions—make the MIND diet easy.
- BEYOND THE DINING TABLE—Take the MIND diet to the next level with helpful lifestyle suggestions for enhancing your cognitive health.
Everything you need to help keep your brain healthy—The MIND Diet Plan and Cookbook.
Lose weight and lower your blood pressure with a DASH diet and exercise plan
Learn how to better manage your weight by combining the naturally balanced DASH diet with simple but effective lifestyle changes. Featuring a full meal plan as well as guides for exercise, dealing with stress, and even improving your sleep, this standout among diet books for weight loss gives you the tools for long-term health.
This DASH diet guide includes:
- A 28-day plan―Skip the research and guesswork with a complete overview of the DASH diet and weeks of guided meals, with simple tips and instructions to get you started.
- A holistic approach―Stay on course with exercise charts and habit trackers that let you record your progress and see where you’re succeeding and where you need a little help.
- Tasty recipes—Going DASH doesn’t mean giving up your favorites. Learn health-conscious ways to whip up everything from Crispy Fish Sandwiches to Sweet Potato Pancakes.
Live your healthiest life with this complete guide to the DASH diet.
Food for thought—75 delicious recipes to boost brainpower
In the search for ways to preserve brain health and reduce the risk of cognitive decline, there is one evidence-based nutritional plan that rises to the top. The Brain Health Cookbook’s MIND diet (Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay) is a unique brain-building combination diet that has been scientifically recognized to improve brain health and even prevent cognitive decline by up to 53%.
The Brain Health Cookbook is a comprehensive and practical guide to the science behind the MIND diet, including 75 delicious recipes like Wild Berry Cashew Smoothie and Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa for optimal brain health and function. Truly the “best of both diets,” The Brain Health Cookbook takes a straightforward approach to the MIND diet by recommending specific, moderate servings of each brain-healthy food group—and provides a lifestyle guide full of easy suggestions for adding more brain-healthy activities into your life.
This brain health cookbook contains:
- The latest science—Gain a deep understanding of the MIND diet, including the latest scientific research, a comprehensive list of brain-boosting foods, and the recommended dietary guidelines for optimal brain health.
- The spice of life—Each recipe includes variation tips on how to keep things interesting, substitution tips for special diets, and cooking tips for ways to make your recipes even more delicious.
- More than a cookbook—Learn about other habits that have been proven to optimize brainpower beyond food, such as stress management, adequate sleep and hydration, intellectual pursuits, and regular physical activity.
Tap into the power of the MIND diet, and bask in its cognitive benefits.
And just to make your mouth water.... this cookbook also contains Italian wedding, split pea & ham, curry coconut cauliflower, chicken & dumplings, beef barley, loaded cheesy potato and egg drop soups + many more! There is truly something for everyone in this fabulous cookbook.