Follow the Author
Just One Cookbook Essential Japanese Recipes Vol 2 Paperback – 18 May 2021
Enhance your purchase
Namiko Chen is the Japanese home chef and recipe developer for the world's leading Japanese recipe website - JustOneCookbook.com. Essential Japanese Recipes Cookbook (Vol. 2) is the 2nd installment following the success of her first cookbook.
"There is no better, more reliable, more comprehensive, or more user-friendly recipe and technique resource for Japanese home cooking than Namiko’s Just One Cookbook... You can’t help learning something new on every page." - J. Kenji López-Alt, author of The Food Lab and Every Night is Pizza Night
The cookbook features 90 popular recipes from JustOneCookbook.com. Each recipe is close to Nami's heart and they have been carefully curated for those who wish to master Japanese cooking at home. You'll find everyday dishes that are commonly made in typical Japanese households:
- Homemade miso soup
- Popular appetizers such as egg rolls and chicken wings
- Heart-warming soups such as Japanese vegetable soup, corn soup, and kabocha soup
- Side dishes such as green bean with sesame dressing and onigiri rice balls
- Noodles such as curry udon
- Rice bowls
- Desserts such as matcha cookies and steamed cake
- Condiments & sauces such as spicy mayo and tonkatsu sauce
These published recipes have been tested and loved by her 125 million blog readers, so you too can make them in your kitchen with ease and confidence. Nami also includes tutorials such as Japanese cutting techniques, kitchen tools, cooking tips, and where to buy the ingredients in the pages. This cookbook will be your go-to companion for Japanese home cooking!
- ASIN : B095GS5FSF
- Publisher : Independently published (18 May 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 295 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8706112172
- Dimensions : 20.32 x 1.78 x 25.4 cm
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in Australia on 6 July 2021
Top reviews from other countries
1. For the price, would have expected a better quality print. Pages are thin prone to tearing easily. Spine of the book is weak and I can see it failing. Could have spent more on the quality.
2. Book makes reference to the blog for further information - the whole reason you purchase the book is so you don’t have to go online (as the recipes are essentially identical)
3. A touch more care on layout and content from the website could have been put into the book.