Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Karen Frazier
Karen Frazier is an author who writes books about nutrition, cooking, and holistic healing. She served as a certified personal trainer, fitness instructor, and nutrition adviser for many years. In that capacity, Karen helped clients find diet and exercise plans that worked for them based on their unique health needs. She also worked for nearly a decade as a patient education coordinator in a natural health clinic. Currently she serves as the health, diet, and fitness editor for LoveToKnow.com.
Diagnosed with celiac disease, a dairy allergy, and Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Karen used her knowledge of nutrition, flavor, and fitness to find the best ways to eat and move for her body. She learned how to overcome her autoimmune disease and concurrent conditions by eating a minimally processed, customized, anti-inflammatory diet. It is Karen's philosophy that no single diet works for every person, but that by understanding how food affects the body, it is possible to customize a way of eating that meets individual needs. She also believes that no matter how restrictive a diet is, it is still possible to prepare delicious foods.
Now, she shares that information--along with her lifelong passion for cooking and her understanding of building flavors--with others in her cookbooks, which help people with special nutritional needs or on restrictive diets find delicious ways to eat. You can find many of Karen's recipes in her food blog, The Modern Ancestor.
Along with being a long-time food blogger and passionate cook, Karen loves writing about wine and cocktails. She earned a California Wine Appellation Specialist (CWAS) certificate from the San Francisco Wine School and served as LoveToKnow's wine editor. She also enjoys bartending and creating signature cocktails for non-profit fundraisers. Additionally, Karen writes wine, gourmet, cooking, and cocktails articles for LoveToKnow.
Karen is a Nia White Belt. In her spare time, she volunteers in her community, plays the piano and flute, cooks most meals from scratch, explores nearby wineries and distilleries in Washington and Oregon, hikes, designs jewelry, practices yoga, enjoys the Nia technique, engages in tribal belly dance, and spends time with her family, friends, and pets.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Karen Frazier
Discover the healing properties of 99 common crystals and how they can improve your life
For centuries, people have been using crystals to heal and improve their mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. This user-friendly crystal bible offers insight into chakras and individual crystals with over 200 remedies for emotional distress as well as common ailments and challenges.
What sets this guide apart from other crystal healing books:
- Detailed profiles—Alphabetized for easy reference, each crystal profile provides an overview of the stone’s essential characteristics, everything from its origins to ideal positioning for healing.
- Healing remedies—This book recommends the crystals you need (often two or three) to overcome issues or ailments, such as crippling fear or insomnia, or to attain specific goals, like improving empathy or being open to greater prosperity.
- Identification made easy—With bright, detailed photography, this book will teach you to recognize powerful crystals and gemstones at a glance, like Amethyst, Tourmaline, and Carnelian.
Start your healing journey to a more energized state of being with this definitive crystal book.
With The Easy Acid Reflux Cookbook, the information you need comes with recipes you can rely on so you can eat and live well without the discomfort caused by acid reflux.
Heartburn, burping, abdominal pain, and discomfort…you know the symptoms of acid reflux all too well. Luckily, the key to managing GERD and LPR is closer than you think.
By creating delicious, easy-to-follow recipes without the high fat or acidic ingredients that aggravate acid reflux, nutrition expert and author of the bestselling The Acid Reflux Escape Plan Karen Frazier shows you that you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for comfort—you can have both. As someone who used to suffer from GERD, Karen knows first-hand that it can feel difficult to eat freely with acid reflux. She also knows that avoiding acid reflux triggers is possible by simply modifying the foods you already eat.
The Easy Acid Reflux Cookbook is your ultimate guide to controlling acid reflux with simple dietary changes. Karen’s tried-and-true, 30-minute recipes taste great and don’t aggravate your GERD and LPR symptoms. The Easy Acid Reflux Cookbook offers:
- Acid reflux friendly recipes for popular comfort foods like pizza, pasta, burgers, and more
- Over 115 easy, 30-minute recipes that use affordable, everyday ingredients
- Recipe tips to modify recipes so they’re free of FODMAPs or the Big-8 allergens
- Lists of foods to enjoy and avoid and expert advice for GERD-friendly cooking
You don’t have to suffer from GERD and LPR any longer. Through the guidance and recipes in The Easy Acid Reflux Cookbook, you’ll use the power of nutrition to alleviate and manage your acid reflux symptoms.
Easy, stress-free meals to manage your IBS.
You can stop worrying about what to eat thanks to The Quick & Easy IBS Relief Cookbook. Designed to make an IBS-friendly diet as simple and straightforward as possible, this cookbook focuses on easy-to-fix meals that taste great and are easy on your gut. Rediscover the joy of eating with recipes for tasty dishes like Fried Eggs with Potato Hash, Parmesan Baked Zucchini, Sirloin Chimichurri, and Peanut Butter Cookies.
Newly diagnosed with IBS? Just looking for more information? The Quick & Easy IBS Relief Cookbook is full of helpful guides. Learn about all 4 types of IBS, what FODMAPs are, and more.
The Quick & Easy IBS Relief Cookbook includes:
- 120 low-FODMAP recipes—Help control your IBS with recipes that avoid FODMAPs—a type of carbohydrate that may trigger gastrointestinal distress.
- Limited ingredients, quick prep—Take the stress out of sticking to your IBS-friendly diet with recipes that feature 5 or less ingredients, 30-minute cook times, and more.
- Simple, straightforward guidance—Learn how to pick the right foods with easy-to-read charts, tricks for identifying problem foods, and advice for all 4 types of IBS.
Discover how simple (and tasty) feeling better can be with The Quick and Easy IBS Relief Cookbook.
A cookbook and 28-day action plan for leading a Hashimoto's healthy lifestyle.
Despite the fact that Hashimoto's is the most common thyroid disease in the United States affecting nearly 14 million Americans, there are few references for reducing symptoms with dietary changes. No one understands this better than Karen Frazier, who has been living with Hashimoto's for more than 20 years, and knows firsthand how hard it is to give up gluten, corn, soy, and dairy-inflammatory foods. Laying out a month-long action plan with over 125 recipes to help you start and stick to a Hashimoto's approved diet, this cookbook is your go-to guide to living a Hashimoto's friendly life.
In this Hashimoto's cookbook and action plan, you will find:
- A Month-Long Hashimoto's Action Plan for eliminating problem foods, broken down into a 3-day cleanse and a 3-week meal plan
- Over 125 Recipes serving Hashimoto's friendly meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and snacks
- Helpful Aids helping your transition to a Hashimoto's lifestyle with symptom trackers and shopping lists
- An Essential Introduction covering need-to-know information about Hashimoto's
Recipes include: Banana Muffins, Asian Meatball Soup, Stuffed Zucchini, Ginger Salmon with Sweet Potato Mash, Mustard and Herb Leg of Lamb, Vanilla-Chamomile Poached Plums, and much more!
Take action with this 28-day plan and feel for yourself the benefits of a thyroid-friendly diet.
“[Karen] understands our issues and has come up with pleasing flavors and textures that are gentle on our tummies.” – Colleen Beener, G-PACT Operations Director and Gastroparesis Advocate
While diet alone cannot cure Gastroparesis, carefully managing what you eat can help control your symptoms. The Gastroparesis Cookbook incorporates healthy, whole foods into Gastroparesis-friendly recipes, alongside tips and supportive stories from people managing Gastroparesis.
Managing your meals with Gastroparesis is tasty and easy, with:
- Over 100 easy-to-prepare, nutritious Gastroparesis-friendly recipes, including several family-friendly and slow cooker versions.
- A simple two-week Gastroparesis meal plan for easing symptoms.
- Helpful cooking and shopping tips to cut down on prep time.
- Recipes for managing coexisting conditions like diabetes, GERD, IBS, and more.
- Real-life stories and advice from members of the Gastroparesis Patients Association for Cures and Treatments (G-PACT).
Make the foods you eat count. The Gastroparesis Cookbook shows you how to eat smart every day, every meal.
Help relieve chronic inflammation with quick, easy recipes
Learn to help ease inflammation with the right foods. The Easy Anti Inflammatory Diet cookbook makes it simple, with tempting recipes that come together quickly and are built around wholesome, soothing ingredients.
- Comprehensive guidance—Learn the basics of how inflammation works in your body and how the anti inflammatory diet can help.
- Plenty of options—Try out more than 90 straightforward, low-effort dishes that only require five main ingredients and 30 minutes to make.
- The anti-inflammatory ingredients master list—Find out which 15 ingredients are most effective at fighting inflammation and which ones to avoid.
- Bonus time-saving tips—Learn how to plan meals in advance, batch prep ingredients, get creative with leftovers, and more.
Find relief from inflammation with an anti inflammatory diet guide that makes it simple to change your habits and your health.
A food plan to manage hypothyroidism? Naturally.
You’ve been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Now what? Begin restoring thyroid balance in your body with this simple 4-week meal plan. The Hypothyroidism Diet Plan will help you manage symptoms naturally—and eat well while you do it.
This groundbreaking resource is designed specifically for hypothyroidism and features the latest information, food charts, and lifestyle tips. These straightforward strategies can boost energy, prompt weight loss, and bring your body back into balance. The plan uses ingredients free of common allergens and even provides a method to identify potential allergies.
The Hypothyroidism Diet Plan includes:
- Month-long meal plan—Rest easy with 31 days of planned meals, including nutrition facts and shopping lists.
- 100 delicious recipes—Treat yourself to Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce, Creamy Broccoli Soup, Tri-Tip Tacos, and more easy-to-make dishes.
- Reduce inflammation—These recipes follow the autoimmune protocol to help reduce inflammation and give your body a chance to heal.
Managing hypothyroidism is a challenge, but The Hypothyroidism Diet Plan will help you nourish and care for yourself—naturally.
Other low-FODMAP cookbooks take a one-size-fits-all approach to IBS. The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook focuses on your specific IBS symptoms with low-FODMAP diet variations proven to target your unique dietary needs. You CAN find an eating plan that works for you and take your life back for good.
Living with Irritable Bowl Syndrome is uncomfortable, frustrating, and isolating. Figuring out which foods trigger symptoms (and avoiding them) can feel impossible. Many people with IBS are also affected by coexisting conditions—such as acid reflux, celiac disease, and food allergies—which exacerbate IBS symptoms that already require special dietary attention.
The Mayo Clinic recognizes the low-FODMAP diet as a proven means of treating IBS caused by FODMAP sensitivities. FODMAPs are hard-to-digest carbohydrates found in common foods such as wheat, dairy, fruits, vegetables, and sweeteners. Most of us consume FODMAPs so regularly we likely trigger IBS symptoms without knowing it.
With The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook you’ll identify your personal food triggers by pinpointing which FODMAP group provokes your symptoms. The low-FODMAP recipes in this book accommodate coexisting conditions, as well as the needs of IBS-C (constipation-dominated IBS) and IBS-D (diarrhea-dominated IBS).
The solution presented in The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook covers three important steps:
- STEP 1. CUSTOMIZE YOUR LOW-FODMAP MEAL PLAN from the mix and match meal plans according to your personal needs. For example, if you suffer from IBS and GERD, choose Plan A, which excludes both FODMAPs and acid reflux food triggers. Plan B is a basic low-FODMAP meal plan, and Plans C and D offer low-FODMAP meal plans for sufferers of IBS-C, IBS-D, or IBD in remission.
- STEP 2. ELIMINATE ALL FODMAP & FOOD TRIGGERS that may cause an irritable bowel. Recipes include substitution tips for gluten or “Big 8” food allergens, and texture modification tips for IBS dominated by constipation or diarrhea.
- STEP 3. IDENTIFY YOUR PERSONAL FOOD TRIGGERS by using the Food Reintroduction Worksheet to track your GI response as you gradually reintroduce FODMAPs one at a time.
Whether you suffer from IBS or from the combined symptoms of one or more co-existing conditions, The Flexible FODMAP Diet Cookbook offers you the knowledge, tools, and guidance you need to stop living in fear of food and start controlling your symptoms with the low-FODMAP choices you make.
Nutrition Facts is the most fact-checked book about nutrition. In it, you’ll find all you need to know about:
• The link between nutrition and health
• How the body processes food
• The truth about diets and nutrition regimes
• The value of nutrients
• Building healthy eating habits
• How to use nutrition to curtail ailments and allergies
Karen Frazier writes extensively about health topics, serving as the Health editor for LoveToKnow. She lives in the Pacific Northwest.
Taste all of the benefits of Paleo in half the time with The Complete Paleo Slow Cooker cookbook.
Favored by home chefs for years, the slow cooker remains a kitchen staple in many homes today―with good reason! Flexible timing, easy clean-up, and bulk-cooking capabilities offer practical solutions to everyday culinary conundrums. Combine these benefits with the healthy principles of a Paleo diet and tasty recipes designed by a top cookbook author, and you have The Complete Paleo Slow Cooker. The Paleo slow cooker recipes in this book offer fresh, creative Paleo slow cooker meals that retain the tenderness and richness of your ingredients―all while yielding leftovers for days to come!
The Complete Paleo Slow Cooker contains:
- Over 150 Recipes serving Paleo-friendly meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Quick Prep requiring less than 20 minutes of active prep time
- Easy-to-Find Ingredients using pantry and grocery store staples
- An Overview explaining the benefits of cooking for your Paleo diet with a slow cooker
Recipes in The Complete Paleo Slow Cooker include: Butternut Squash Porridge, Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash, Artichoke and Swiss Chard Ragout, Duck with Fig Sauce, Ginger-Poached Cod, Pulled Pork, Lamb Osso Bucco, Hungarian Goulash, Blueberry-Coconut Cake, and much more!
Find fast fixes to everyday Paleo meals with The Complete Paleo Slow Cooker cookbook.
At Last, A Truly Everyday DASH Diet Cookbook For Time-Saving, Easy-to-Make Meals From An Expert Recipe Developer And Cookbook Authority
Following the DASH diet doesn't mean giving up your favorite flavors and recipes. With DASH Done Slow, you’ll discover a DASH diet cookbook designed to help you follow the principles of the DASH diet while still enjoying satisfying, slow-cooked meals—from familiar comforts to surprising twists.
Packed with 100 simple, heart-healthy recipes, this slow cooker cookbook shows you how to pull off healthy home cooking without spending tons of time in the kitchen. From hearty vegetarian dishes (Vegetable Lasagna) and meat-friendly meals (Classic Beef Stew)to soups, sides and desserts, the recipes in this DASH diet cookbook offer something for everyone—every night of the week.
This ultimate DASH diet cookbook for easier-than-ever, DASH-friendly dishes includes:
- DASH Diet 101: Brush up on the basics for a quick refresher
- Slow Cooking Tips: Discover tasty tips and slow cooker ideas to make your meals more delicious
- Fuss-Free Recipes: Explore recipes that use 10 or fewer ingredients and require 15 minutes or less of prep time
Reiki: guia prático para a cura energética: + de 100 tratamentos
Cure Corpo, Mente e Alma com mais de 100 tratamentos do Reiki
Independentemente de em que ponto você estiver na sua caminhada de autocura e autotransformação ou como curador, este livro é para você!
Ele apresenta em detalhes o Reiki, esta vibrante ferramenta de empoderamento, uma energia de cura universal que tem a capacidade de mudar vidas e de transformar a energia do planeta e do universo de formas positivas.
Com instruções claras e ilustradas, que descrevem o passo a passo da aplicação do Reiki e os protocolos para cura física, mental e emocional, este guia prático é o companheiro perfeito para aqueles que desejam aplicar o Reiki para lidar com as diversas situações que a vida apresenta, de uma simples fadiga à prática do perdão.
A única maneira de experimentar e desenvolver o poder de cura do Reiki é com a prática.
Esta obra apresenta as origens do Reiki, os princípios que fundamentam sua filosofia, as posições de mãos para a aplicação em si mesmo e em outras pessoas, técnicas de aplicação em crianças, animais, plantas e alimentos, dicas para a atuação profissional com o Reiki e protocolos completos para o tratamento dos desequilíbrios e problemas de saúde mais comuns.
Incluindo a indicação de técnicas complementares, como o uso de meditação, música e prática de afirmações positivas, e a indicação de óleos essenciais e cristais específicos para o equilíbrio energético em cada tratamento.
Este livro não pode sintonizá-lo, nem tem o objetivo de substituir um treinamento tradicional de Reiki. Ele tem o objetivo de suplementar seu treinamento com seu mestre de Reiki, que lhe propicia os ensinamentos e as sintonizações dos níveis 1, 2 e 3.