Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
With the help of engaging activities, learn how to leverage Amazon Web Services for building serverless intelligent applications that can process information in no time
- Learn how to integrate Amazon's Simple Storage Services with AI and NLP projects
- Get to grips with serverless computing and its applications
- Create intelligent applications such as chatbots and image recognition models
Are you fascinated with applications like Alexa and Siri and how they accurately process information within seconds before returning accurate results? Are you looking for a practical guide that will teach you how to build intelligent applications that can revolutionize the world of artificial intelligence? The Applied AI and NLP Workshop will take you on a practical journey where you will learn how to build artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) applications with Amazon Web services (AWS).
Starting with an introduction to AI and machine learning, this book will explain how Amazon S3, or Amazon Simple Storage Service, works. You'll then integrate AI with AWS to build serverless services and use Amazon's NLP service Comprehend to perform text analysis on a document. As you advance, the book will help you get to grips with topic modeling to extract and analyze common themes on a set of documents with unknown topics. You'll also work with Amazon Lex to create and customize a chatbot for task automation and use Amazon Rekognition for detecting objects, scenes, and text in images.
By the end of The Applied AI and NLP Workshop, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to build scalable intelligent applications with AWS.
What you will learn
- Grasp the fundamentals of AI, ML, and AWS
- Explore the AWS command line, its interface, and its applications
- Import and export data to Amazon S3
- Perform topic modeling on a set of documents to analyze common themes
- Develop a custom chatbot to get the latest stock market quotes
- Create a personal call center and connect it to the chatbot
Who this book is for
If you are a machine learning enthusiast, data scientist, or programmer who wants to explore AWS's artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities, this book is for you. Although not necessary, a basic understanding of AI and NLP will assist with grasping key topics quickly.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to AWS
- Analyzing Documents and Text with Natural Language Processing
- Topic Modeling and Theme Extraction
- Conversational Artificial Intelligence
- Using Speech with the Chatbot
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
An introduction to next-generation web technologies
This is a comprehensive, candid introduction to Web 2.0 for every executive, strategist, technical professional, and marketer who needs to understand its implications. The authors illuminate the technologies that make Web 2.0 concepts accessible and systematically identify the business and technical best practices needed to make the most of it. You’ll gain a clear understanding of what’s really new about Web 2.0 and what isn’t. Most important, you’ll learn how Web 2.0 can help you enhance collaboration, decision-making, productivity, innovation, and your key enterprise initiatives.
The authors cut through the hype that surrounds Web 2.0 and help you identify the specific innovations most likely to deliver value in your organization. Along the way, they help you assess, plan for, and profit from user-generated content, Rich Internet Applications (RIA), social networking, semantic web, content
aggregation, cloud computing, the Mobile Web, and much more.
This is the only book on Web 2.0 that:
- Covers Web 2.0 from the perspective of every participant and stakeholder, from consumers to product managers to technical professionals
- Provides a view of both the underlying technologies and the potential applications to bring you up to speed and spark creative ideas about how to apply Web 2.0
- Introduces Web 2.0 business applications that work, as demonstrated by actual Cisco® case studies
- Offers detailed, expert insights into the technical infrastructure and development practices raised by Web 2.0
- Previews tomorrow’s emerging innovations—including “Web 3.0,” the Semantic Web
- Provides up-to-date references, links, and pointers for exploring Web 2.0 first-hand
Krishna Sankar, Distinguished Engineer in the Software Group at Cisco, currently focuses on highly scalable Web architectures and frameworks, social and knowledge graphs, collaborative social networks, and intelligent inferences.
Susan A. Bouchard is a senior manager with US-Canada Sales Planning and Operations at Cisco. She focuses on Web 2.0 technology as part of the US-Canada collaboration initiative.
- Understand Web 2.0’s foundational concepts and component technologies
- Discover today’s best business and technical practices for profiting from Web 2.0 and Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
- Leverage cloud computing, social networking, and user-generated content
- Understand the infrastructure scalability and development practices that must be address-ed for Web 2.0 to work
- Gain insight into how Web 2.0 technologies are deployed
inside Cisco and their business value to employees, partners, and customers
This book is part of the Cisco Press® Fundamentals Series. Books in this series introduce networking professionals to new networking technologies, covering network topologies, example deployment concepts, protocols, and management techniques.
Category: General Networking
Covers: Web 2.0