Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organizations Innovate at Scale Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
How well does your organization respond to changing market conditions, customer needs, and emerging technologies when building software-based products? This practical guide presents Lean and Agile principles and patterns to help you move fast at scale - and demonstrates why and how to apply these methodologies throughout your organization.
Through case studies, you'll learn how successful enterprises have rethought everything from governance and financial management to systems architecture and organizational culture in the pursuit of radically improved performance. Adopting Lean will take time and commitment, but it's vital for harnessing the cultural and technical forces that are accelerating the rate of innovation.
- Discover how Lean focuses on people and teamwork at every level
- Approach problem-solving experimentally, by exploring solutions, testing assumptions, and getting feedback from real users
- Lead and manage large-scale programs in a way that empowers employees, increases the speed and quality of delivery, and lowers costs
- Learn how to implement ideas from the DevOps and Lean Startup movements even in complex, regulated environments
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||11 hours and 3 minutes|
|Author||Jez Humble, Joanne Molesky, Barry O'Reilly|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||21 July 2020|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 12,063 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
5 in Lean Management
17 in Software Development (Audible Books & Originals)
29 in Business Production & Operations (Books)
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
More for the novice than the executive or academic student.
Top reviews from other countries
The government should fly planes over London dropping this book onto the streets.
A heart lifting guide to transforming Victorian, bureaucratic, hierarchical organisations into innovative, producers of digital experiences that delight their customers and empower the workforce.
A practical guide covering culture, history of Lean, the three horizons of a product, validation and MVP, measurements, feedback loops, flow and cycle time, innovation accounting, analytics, tearing down silos, impact mapping, continuous improvement, continuous integration, test automation, kanban, cost of delay, blue-green deployment, feature flags, lean UX, safe cultures, a/b testing, the list goes on and on.
Full of anecdotes and evidence, and levels wonderful criticism at the incumbent graying behemoths with their pathological cultures, so that at least when you fail to make dent you can reap some sense of schadenfreude from their inevitable bankruptcy, or bail out.
As someone dealing with the legacy environment on a daily basis, I would have hoped for some guidance on how this paradigm can integrate with what will necessarily exist in parallel for many years.
But a great insight into the concepts of the new none the less
Well worth reading.