Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Leslie Kaminoff
Leslie Kaminoff is a yoga educator inspired by the tradition of T.K.V. Desikachar, one of the world's foremost authorities on the therapeutic uses of yoga. Leslie is the founder of The Breathing Project, a New York City educational nonprofit organization dedicated to the teaching of individualized breath-centered yoga.
An internationally recognized specialist with over 32 years’ experience in the fields of yoga and breath anatomy, Kaminoff has led workshops for many of the leading yoga associations, schools, and training programs in the United States. He has also helped to organize international yoga conferences and has actively participated in the ongoing national debate regarding certification standards for yoga teachers and therapists.
Kaminoff has been a featured yoga expert in publications such as Yoga Journal and The New York Times, as well as online at WebMD, FoxNews Online, and Health.com. He is the founder of the highly respected international yoga blog eSutra, coauthor of the best-selling first edition of Yoga Anatomy, and creator of the DVD Breath-Centered Yoga with Leslie Kaminoff and the highly successful online course yogaanatomy.net.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Building on the success of its predecessors, this revamped edition features new content to further augment your yoga practice:
- A new chapter offering history and context for the idea that anatomy is a story
- Updated chapters on the skeletal and muscular systems
- A new chapter on the nervous system that outlines its key functions and roles in the body
- Significantly expanded breathing and spine chapters to address disc anatomy and damage as well as back pain
- Newly added Cueing Callouts to provide tips and advice on teaching or performing a pose
- New stick figure icons to simply depict the alignment of each pose for quick reference
- A Breathing Inquiry section with each asana to illuminate the connection between breathing and a movement practice
This beautifully illustrated resource sorts yoga poses into six sections—standing, sitting, kneeling, supine, prone, and arm supports—and provides an inside look into each pose to offer a better understanding of the interactions of the muscles, joints, and nervous system that we use to create movement and breathing.
Authors Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, both internationally respected specialists in yoga and breath anatomy, offer a solid grounding in the principles of physical practice common to many systems of yoga. Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource—one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
Nun hat er den Bestseller komplett überarbeitet und mit zwei zusätzlichen Kapiteln zum Skelett- und Muskelsystem erweitert. Die wichtigsten Übungen und ihre Wirkungen werden auch in dieser Ausgabe durch exakte Illustrationen so detailgenau beschrieben, wie es anhand von Fotos nie möglich wäre. Mit diesem Buch erhält der Leser ein ganz neues Verständnis über die positive Wirkung von Yoga.
Esta segunda edição traz:
• Dois capítulos novos sobre os sistemas esquelético e muscular, além de uma breve história da coluna vertebral.
• Tabelas que organizam informações sobre as ações articulares e musculares.
• Discussão ampliada sobre o equilíbrio intrínseco e os bandhas.
• Variações de asanas adicionais e índices para ilustrações de articulações e de músculos específicos.
Esta obra é um recurso valioso não apenas para o iniciante como também para o praticante com muitos anos de experiência, pois oferece uma análise de cada movimento sob um ponto de vista inovador.