|Product Dimensions||13.72 x 14.22 x 7.94 cm; 100 Grams|
|Item Model Number||5981-UGY|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Item Weight||100 g|
Leviton 5981-UGY While-in-Use Cover for GFCI/Decora Duplex and Single Outlet, Horizontal, Gray
|Price:||+ $9.97 Delivery|
- Compliant with 2014 National Electrical Code for "extra duty" application hoods
- Ruggedly constructed to protect outlets from moisture, debris and insects
- Available in both horizontal and vertical configurations
- Includes two inserts to cover the cord openings to prevent insects and debris from entering the cover while not in use
- Standard opening accommodates Decora GFCI devices; additional adapter plates included for duplex and single outlet openings
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Protecting your outdoor outlets from the elements is easy with the new Leviton Extra Duty While-in-Use Covers. These non-metallic covers are ruggedly constructed to protect devices from moisture, debris and insects, while providing easy access to outlets. Extra Duty While-in-Use Covers are available in both vertical and horizontal configurations; this ensures a secure fit and neat appearance when mounted to surfaces including siding, brick and cement. The UV resistant polycarbonate cover and base protect wiring devices from rain, snow and temperature extremes without breaking, cracking or discoloration. Stainless steel hinge pins offer added strength and resistance to the rigors of daily use.
Leviton Extra Duty While-in-Use Covers are available in solid Gray or Clear with a gray base. They are ideal for use with lawn equipment, pools, hot tubs, holiday and landscape lighting, outdoor entertainment systems, barbeques, fountains, vending machines and a host of other outdoor electrical applications.
What's in the Box
Leviton 5981-UGY While-in-Use Cover for GFCI/Decora, and adapter plates for duplex and single outlet; horizontal; gray.
Leviton While-in-Use Cover for GFCI/Decora, Duplex & Single Outlet
At a Glance:
- Pre-mounted heavy-duty gasket provides a weather-resistant seal which protects from moisture and adds to ease of installation
- Protects outdoor outlets from moisture, debris, and insects
- Great for use with lawn equipment, pools, hot tubs, landscape/holiday lighting
- Compliant with 2014 National Electrical Code for "extra duty" application hoods for outlets in damp or wet locations
- Stainless steel hinge pins offer added strength to rigors of daily use
- Opening accommodates Decora devices; adapter plates included for duplex and single outlets
- Virtually indestructible
- Safety lock feature
- cULus listed
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
It's nice that it comes with all of the adapters needed for non-decora and non-duplex receptacles but most people won't need them these days and if you do chances are you're going to want to replace that receptacle anyway.
The foam gasket comes pre-installed and works very well. Even installed on a very rough brick face it seals the area completely and much better than the cover that I replaced in that particular location providing better water resistance to the box (there was corrosion in there before indicating the previous cover was not doing it's job) and in my case also providing an added benefit of sealing up one more small source of drafts as I'm sure outdoor air was getting in through that box cutout more than it is now.
A few things can be improved. First, the back of the cover is a weird non rectangular shape which makes it look a little strand on non-recessed boxes such as surface mounted boxes of which I have two. It still seals fine, it's just a cosmetic oddity. Second, the "in-use" holes are covered with tiny plastic shutters when not in use, which come off the cover completely when you need to pass a cable through. This will make them very easy to lose, and no extras are provided. It would have been better if it were more of a sliding door that keeps everything on the cover even while open. Third, I would have liked the option to lock the cover open in the up position, it will flop down when not being held. This is actually probably done on purpose so that you won't accidentally leave it open but it does make it a bit annoying to work with.
The only snag is that the mounting face is larger than the rectangular profile of a weatherproof device box. So, if you're using an external weatherproof box, the cover sticks out. Doesn't hurt the function, but looks a little funny from the side. Other covers I've purchased (Red Dot, Taymac, etc...) have mounts that match the weatherproof box rectangle.