|Item Model Number||915-000265|
|Product Dimensions||25.5 x 13.8 x 8.9 cm; 677.9 Grams|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||25.5 x 13.8 x 8.9 centimetres|
|Item Weight||678 g|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||13 November 2017|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Logitech 915-000265 Harmony Companion Remote
- Control over your home entertainment and smart home devices
- Streamlined button layout and full number pad
- Enjoy single-touch automation to trigger limitless experiences
- Set recordings, turn on the lights or activate any of your devices while you’re not home
- Create custom activities and favourites
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Logitech Harmony Companion Remote gives you convenient control over your home entertainment and smart home devices streamlined button layout and full number pad makes it a breeze to flip between content and devices. Turn on your TV, change channels, control volume or start an Activity like "Good Morning" to play a favourite music playlist, raise the blinds, set the lights and warm the house temperature. Set recordings, turn on the lights or activate any of your devices while you’re not home and create custom activities and favourites.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This device does, mostly, what I bought it for, however there are a few major issues:
- It can only control one set of devices, combined into an "activity", at a time. So you can use it to watch TV and control the TV and the amp together, for example - but you cannot use it to turn on and off your air conditioning at the same time. If you turn one activity on while another is running, it turns everything off. Every time. There are settings to "disable" this in the app but they do not work (confirmed on my harmony and also a friend's system). If you want to control a device independently of others, you need another solution.
- The programming only works some of the time. You can program a delay in between commands if required (say if your TV takes a few seconds to turn on before you can change the channel or if you have a device that needs to be powered on a few seconds before another) – however, they often do not work. I had a 10-second pause programmed between two devices but they still turn on simultaneously. Also, re-arranging device order on the iPad app often does not work (iPhone is fine).
- Technical support is slow. You can only email, and they can take 3-4 days to get back to you. They will also sometimes not actually answer your actual question, necessitating another 3-4 day delay.
-Reserved buttons. There is a set of buttons on the remote which are reserved for “home control” devices and cannot be programmed to use with entertainment devices. If you have no home control devices, they are redundant, and there are very few spare buttons to set as specific commands (in fact there are only two free buttons). Why?
Overall, it works ok, but there is huge room for improvement - disappointing for a product that has been on the market for years. Would be hesitant to recommend.
You can use the Windows software but it is pretty much the same.
The only difficulty I have found is with some "dumb" device that has no dedicated button for specific inputs but instead requires you to press the inputs button, and then the arrows to go on the input of choice. In that case you have to find a workaround to "automate" the action on the remote. But it is not Harmony's fault.
The dedicated HA buttons are easy to assign if you have a HUE Bridge, and they are actually very handy.
I am using the HUB with a three-head blaster cable so I am sure that the signal always gets to the devices that rely on IR (the emitters have to be applied on the devices in the area of their IR receiver).
Everything else that works over LAN or BT of course has no signal issues.
The remote is solid and the shape is really nice, sits very comfortably in the hand. Being it RF you do not need to point it at the devices you want to control.
The only problem, so far, is that there is no back-light for the buttons. But it still is the best remote I have purchased so far.
Can't fix activity errors like wrong input on tv on the remote & needing to get out your mobile
No backlight on the remote making it hard to use in the dark
Limited compatibility with switchable devices
Some of these don't exist on the harmony 650 I upgraded from. The mobile app helps with these but i don't like having to get it out for basic functionality
The major benefit compared to the previous one is when configuring it. The phone app and wireless connection is sooo much more convenient than the old (Windows only >:( even though web based!) method! It used my old profile too and only required very minor tweaking to make me happy.
It seems a bit faster as well, and the base station (maybe more powerfull iR emmitter?) seems to be more reliable in communicating with my gear.
Overall, very pleased. It's a bit dear, but I think it will be the last remote I buy, so a good investment.