Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Low-Sugar, So Simple: 100 Delicious Low-Sugar, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Recipes for Eating Clean and Living Healthy Paperback – Illustrated, 2 January 2018
From the Publisher
Two-Minute Mile-High English Muffin in a Mug
A few basic ingredients and a couple of minutes are all you need to whip up a low-sugar English muffin that’s the perfect vehicle for just about any kind of topping, such as salad, meat, eggs, cheese, or veggies. Or, for an elegant yet-filling weekend treat, try filling it with lox, cream cheese, dill, and red onion. You won’t even miss the bagel!
Yield: 1 serving
1. Grease a microwave-safe cup with softened butter. (The higher and narrower the cup, the better the muffin will rise).
2. Combine the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, taking care to break up any lumps. Add the egg and mix well with a spoon. Add the carbonated water and mix well again. Spoon the batter into the greased cup, then microwave on high for 2 minutes. (Check the muffin after 1 minute and adjust the total cooking time according to your microwave oven).
3. Remove the muffin from the cup, let cool slightly, slice, and enjoy warm with your favorite toppings, or toast it, if you like.
In Total: 15.0 g protein; 22.3 g fat; 2.5 g net carbs; 270 kcal.
- Softened butter (for greasing the mug)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- ¼ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt or Himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soda water (or any sparkling water)
"Elviira shares her trademark delicious and easy recipes in this wonderful book! These healthy keto-friendly recipes will satisfy your taste buds and your desire for simple healthy recipes you can prepare quickly. Low-Sugar So Simple will quickly become a staple in your keto kitchen!" - Maria Emmerich, author of Keto-Adapted and The Ketogenic Cookbook
"Elviira's talent in the kitchen really shines in her new book Low Sugar, So Simple. She has a simple and easy approach to delicious and nutritious low-carb meals. This book should be a staple in every low-carb kitchen!" - Kyndra Holley, Cookbook Author and Food Blogger at Peace, Love, and Low Carb
About the Author
- Publisher : Fair Winds Press; Illustrated edition (2 January 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 192 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1592337791
- ISBN-13 : 978-1592337798
- Dimensions : 18.73 x 1.27 x 23.18 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 893,883 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
When changing your diet, most certainly you will need to change your grocery list. If you are familiar with ingredients such as: whey protein, almond and coconut flour, psyllium husk powder and erythritol, you are good to go. Those were the "out of ordinary" ingredients I found that are used extensively. If you are vegan, this is not your book at all. Recipes can include eggs, meat and dairy products. Those on keto diet can benefit from these recipes as well. For all of you who simply want to cut on sugars/carbs without the strictness of a keto diet, this is a great option.
PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST!
Yes, you heard me, there is a "pizza" recipe in the breakfast section and while ingredient-wise it is an omelet, it looks like a cute pizza and I love it. Comforting chicken zoodle (spiralized zucchini) soup was another favorite of mine. However, most of the recipes weren't love at first sight. I expected that "low sugar, so simple" would be more about popular recipes that are naturally low on sugars and carbs without the need of special ingredients. The book is divided into basics & pantry staples, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and drinks which makes it easy for choosing a whole day menu. The three dishes on the front cover are good examples of easy recipes with common ingredients, so you can actually find those as well. Yum!
*I requested an eArc from Fair Winds Press via NetGalley, Thank you! (later on i purchased the ebook version)