|Memory Speed||4866 MHz|
Other Sellers on Amazon
MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi Gaming Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, AX Wi-Fi 6, HDMI/DP, ATX, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processors)
Enhance your purchase
|CPU socket||Socket AM4|
|RAM memory technology||DDR4|
|Compatible processors||AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen|
|Chipset type||AMD B550|
About this item
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Wi Fi 6 AX Solution
- MYSTIC LIGHT: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2.AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences.Premium Thermal Solution: Extended heatsink with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Powered by AMD Ryzen AM4 processors, the MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (ATX) has been forged to bring balance to any gaming-focused system. Meet enemies in combat with Wi-Fi, Extended Heatsink Design, Core boost, Pre-installed I/O Shielding and Mystic Light. Equipped with a PCIe 4.0 slot and Lightning M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr for the latest in connectivity.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
- Updating the BIOS was relatively easy
- Looks good
- There was a steam code promotion and it was a bit long/complicated to get the codes but it worked
- I was able to connect 2 NVMEs, 4 HDs and 2 SSDs, some motherboards don't support as many. It's common that when there are 2 NVMEs, some SATAs are disabled.
- BIOS software is average, the UI design could be improved.
- I could not boot because I had not enabled legacy boot but the BIOS was not showing any error (aside from the LED on the motherboard)
- I could not see my NVME in the BIOS until I updated the BIOS (via usb)
- RGB is pretty much useless since it's very limited and it's hidden by the GPU
- I had to specify my ram speed (3000mhz) manually because it was quite low by default
- Gaming carbon wifi looks nicer (more rgb!) imho and has 2 nvme heatsinks
- Connecting my bose headphones via bluetooth gave me issues, I ended up disabling wifi in the bios and messing with Windows Device Manager until bluetooth worked. I ended up using a usb dongle for bluetooth instead of the motherboard.
- Cannot link with iCue while Asus motherboards can
- Finally, when my monitor goes to sleep, my msi gaming trio gpu led strip turns off (which was not happening on my intel build). Sounds like something that could be configured in the bios. I searched but found no solution. EDIT : this was apparently fixed by a driver update from nvidia BUT I still can't control that setting apparently. Update : not fixed, I rebooted and the problem reappeared.
- Great VRMs (S tier on LTT list)
- Included Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5
- Great value
- USB C header
- Lack of USB ports
- RGB is only on the PCH
- Sometimes half my CPU cores run at 571Mhz and my NVME would not be detected
- Terrible MSI customer service
Overall this board is a great buy when it works, but super frustrating when it doesn't
the thing I found a bit disappointing however is the fact that it didnt boot initially with my 5900X, I had to flash the bios without the CPU and RAM to a more recent one so it would work with my CPU.
It's been a long time since this board and the Ryzen 5000 series came out, I think MSI should make a little effort to ship boards with a more recent BIOS.
I ended up returning it, not because of the rgb, but because the USB wasn't working properly. The drivers had been updated but they kept connecting and disconnecting randomly. I couldn't resolve the issue.
Cons : no cover for the 2nd nvme port, and the msi dragon center is not great to say the least.