Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Managing For Dummies Kindle Edition
Being a manager can be an intimidating and challenging task. Managing involves teaching new skills to employees, helping land a new customer, accomplishing an important assignment, increasing performance, and much more. The process of management can be very challenging at times, but it can also bring you a sense of fulfillment that you never imagined possible.
Managing For Dummies, 3rd Edition is perfect for all levels of managers. This clearly written, easy-to-understand guide gives you practical advice on the most important aspects of managing, such as delegating as opposed to ordering, improving employees' performances, getting your message across, understanding ethics and office policies, team building and collaboration, and much more.
- Tips and advice for new and experienced managers
- All-new chapters on employee encouragement and corporate social responsibility
- Guidance on managing employees by leveraging the power of the Internet
Managing in today's lightning-speed business world requires that you have the latest information and techniques for getting the job done. Managing For Dummies, 3rd Edition provides you with straightforward advice and up-to-the-minute strategies for dealing with anything that comes your way.
The best device for reading, full stop. Learn more
From the Publisher
Bob Nelson, PhD, is the founder and President of Nelson Motivation, Inc., a management training and consulting firm based in San Diego, California. He is the author of the multi-million copy best-selling book 1001 Ways to Reward Employees and (with Peter Economy) The Management Bible.
Peter Economy is the Associate Editor for Leader to Leader and is the bestselling author of more than 50 books.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
From the Inside Flap
- Get your message across with clear expectations and straightforward communication
- Successfully manage people, projects, and teams
- Plan, organize, and delegate tasks
- Encourage and motivate employees
The fast and easy way to effectively manage people, projects, and teams
Being a manager can be an intimidating and challenging task. This clearly written, easy-to-understand guide gives you practical advice on the most important aspects of managing, such as delegating as opposed to ordering, improving employees' performances, getting your message across, team building and collaboration, and more.
- I'm a manager, now what? learn to identify different management styles and get a handle on the most important aspects of managing leading, inspiring, and engaging
- Know your role get the lowdown on the key duties you'll face as a manager, from hiring new employees, coaching and mentoring your staff, monitoring performance, and everything in between
- Master management master the day-to-day duties you'll carry out as a manager, like delegating, communicating, budgeting, and many more
- Tackle the tough stuff take a look at the challenging sides of management and arm yourself with the skills to tackle these sticky situations, like managing change and disciplining employees
Open the book and find:
- How to find your leadership style
- Tips on creating a supportive environment
- Guidance on motivating employees
- Interviewing do's and don'ts
- How to set goals and juggle priorities
- Advice on running effective meetings
- Delegation myths and facts
- Budgeting, accounting, and working with financial statements
- How to use technology to your advantage
- ASIN : B003TFE8PQ
- Publisher : For Dummies; 3rd edition (11 June 2010)
- Language : English
- File size : 1942 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 386 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 0470618132
- Best Sellers Rank: 403,861 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Arrived in good time well packaged and great condition
Would definitely recommend buying this product and seller