Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Mastering Windows Group Policy: Control and secure your Active Directory environment with Group Policy Kindle Edition
Improve and reimagine your organization's security stance, desktop standards, and server administration with centralized management via Group Policy.
- Explore advanced filtering techniques for Group Policy Objects
- Interact with Group Policy through GPMC and PowerShell
- Practical guide covering the daily and advanced administration of group policy
This book begins with a discussion of the core material any administrator needs to know in order to start working with Group Policy. Moving on, we will also walk through the process of building a lab environment to start testing Group Policy today. Next we will explore the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) and start using the powerful features available for us within that interface. Once you are well versed with using GPMC, you will learn to perform and manage the traditional core tasks inside Group Policy. Included in the book are many examples and walk-throughs of the different filtering options available for the application of Group Policy settings, as this is the real power that Group Policy holds within your network. You will also learn how you can use Group Policy to secure your Active Directory environment, and also understand how Group Policy preferences are different than policies, with the help of real-world examples. Finally we will spend some time on maintenance and troubleshooting common Group Policy-related issues so that you, as a directory administrator, will understand the diagnosing process for policy settings.
By the end of the book, you will be able to jump right in and use Group Policy to its full potential.
What you will learn
- Become familiar with the Group Policy Management Console
- Create, link, and filter new policies
- Secure your users and devices using Group Policy
- Maintain and troubleshoot Group Policy
- Administer Group Policy via PowerShell
- Control your Active Directory environment efficiently with Group Policy settings
Who this book is for
If you are an IT professional who works with Windows Servers or are interested in an Active Directory environment then this book is for you. General knowledge of Microsoft Windows, how Windows Server fits into an enterprise’s infrastructure and also some existing knowledge of an Active Directory domain environment is expected.
Table of Contents
- Group Policy - The Basics
- Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
- Daily Tasks in Group Policy
- Advanced Filtering of Group Policy Objects
- Deploying Policy Settings
- Group Policy Preferences
- Group Policy as a Security Mechanism
- Group Policy Maintenance
- Group Policy Troubleshooting
- PowerShell for Group Policy Administration
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
About the Author
Jordan Krause is a six-time Microsoft MVP, currently awarded in the Cloud and Datacenter Management category. He has the unique opportunity to work daily with Microsoft networking and remote access technologies as a senior engineer at IVO Networks. Jordan specializes in Microsoft DirectAccess and Always On VPN. Committed to continuous learning, Jordan holds Microsoft certifications as an MCP, MCTS, MCSA, and MCITP Enterprise Administrator, and regularly writes articles reflecting his experiences with these technologies. Jordan lives in beautiful west Michigan (USA), but works daily with companies around the world.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B07KJDC1D2
- Publisher : Packt Publishing; 1st edition (30 November 2018)
- Language : English
- File size : 25596 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 410 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 759,630 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: