Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Mastering Windows Network Forensics and Investigation 2nd Edition, Kindle Edition
Internet crime is seemingly ever on the rise, making the need for a comprehensive resource on how to investigate these crimes even more dire. This professional-level book--aimed at law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, and corporate investigators--provides you with the training you need in order to acquire the sophisticated skills and software solutions to stay one step ahead of computer criminals.
- Specifies the techniques needed to investigate, analyze, and document a criminal act on a Windows computer or network
- Places a special emphasis on how to thoroughly investigate criminal activity and now just perform the initial response
- Walks you through ways to present technically complicated material in simple terms that will hold up in court
- Features content fully updated for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Covers the emerging field of Windows Mobile forensics
Also included is a classroom support package to ensure academic adoption, Mastering Windows Network Forensics and Investigation, 2nd Edition offers help for investigating high-technology crimes.
From the Publisher
From the Inside Flap
This professional guide teaches law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, and corporate investigators how to investigate crimes involving Windows computers and Windows networks. A top team of forensic experts details how and why Windows networks are targeted, shows you how to analyze computers and computer logs, explains chain of custody, and covers such tricky topics as how to gather accurate testimony from employees in politically charged corporate settings.
From recognizing high-tech criminal activity to presenting evidence in a way that juries and judges understand, this book thoroughly covers the range of skills, standards, and step-by-step procedures you need to conduct a criminal investigation in a Windows environment and make your evidence stand up in court.
- Responding to a reported computer intrusion
- Understanding how attackers exploit Windows networks
- Deciphering Windows ports, services, file systems, and the registry
- Examining suspects' computers and entire networks
- Analyzing event logs and data using live analysis techniques
- Exploring new complexities from cloud computing and virtualization
Investigate Computer Crimes in Windows Environments
Fully Updated for Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7
Discover How to Locate and Analyze an Attacker's Tools
Learn Detailed Windows Event Log Analysis--This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B008RO92J6
- Publisher : Sybex; 2 edition (30 July 2012)
- Language : English
- File size : 68599 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 662 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1118163826
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
This is not a book for complete newcomers to either discipline, but more for those who have a basic understanding of one, and a deep understanding of the other.
Well worth a look.