Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Mastering Windows Server 2019: The complete guide for system administrators to install, manage, and deploy new capabilities with Windows Server 2019, 3rd Edition Kindle Edition
Enhance and secure your datacenter with Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Updated with four new chapters on Active Directory, DNS and DHCP, group policy, and troubleshooting
- Design and implement Microsoft Server 2019 in an enterprise environment
- Learn how to use Windows Server to create secure and efficient networks
Windows Server 2019 has a lot to offer, with a variety of roles, features, toolsets, and server management interfaces that allow interaction with your servers from virtually anywhere in the world. This updated edition comes with four new chapters to provide you with the in-depth knowledge needed to implement and use this operating system in any environment.
Centralized management, monitoring, and configuration of servers are key to an efficient IT department. This book delves into multiple methods for quickly managing all your servers from a ‘single pane of glass' — the ability to monitor different servers across a network using Server Manager, Windows PowerShell, and even Windows Admin Center — from anywhere. Despite the book being more focused on Windows Server 2019 LTSC, you will still explore containers and Nano Server, which are more related to the SAC of server releases. This additional coverage will give you insights into all aspects of using Windows Server 2019 in your environment.
This book covers a range of remote access technologies available in this operating system, teaches management of PKI and certificates, and empowers you to virtualize your datacenter with Hyper-V. You will also discover the tools and software included with Windows Server 2019 that assist in the inevitable troubleshooting of problems that crop up.
What you will learn
- Work with Server Core and Windows Admin Center
- Secure your network and data with modern technologies in Windows Server 2019
- Understand containers and understand when to use Nano Server
- Discover new ways to integrate your datacenter with Microsoft Azure
- Reinforce and secure your Windows Server
- Virtualize your datacenter with Hyper-V
- Explore Server Manager, PowerShell, and Windows Admin Center
- Centralize your information and services using Active Directory and Group Policy
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator or an IT professional designing and deploying Windows Server 2019, this book is for you. Prior experience with Windows Server operating systems and familiarity with networking concepts is required.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Windows Server 2019
- Installing and Managing Windows Server 2019
- Active Directory
- DNS and DHCP
- Group Policy
- Certificates in Windows Server 2019
- Networking with Windows Server 2019
- Remote Access
- Hardening and Security
- Server Core
- Redundancy in Windows Server 2019
- Containers and Nano Server
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2019
About the Author
- ASIN : B09B2PNHWH
- Publisher : Packt Publishing; 3rd edition (29 July 2021)
- Language : English
- File size : 38055 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 690 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1801078319
- Best Sellers Rank: 648,785 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: