Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Modern Scandinavian Baking: A Cookbook of Sweet Treats and Savory Bakes Kindle Edition
Master the art and heart of Scandinavian baking—60+ authentic recipes
Now you can whip up a slice of Scandinavian hospitality in the comfort of your own kitchen! Modern Scandinavian Baking is a complete guide for bakers of all levels who want to create the sweet and savory treats of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.
From breads, to pastries, cakes, and cookies, there’s a simple and scrumptious recipe to delight everyone in this beautifully designed Scandinavian cookbook. Enjoy contemporary takes on classic bakes, plus a comprehensive guide to stocking your pantry with Scandinavian staples, like rye flour, cardamom, baker’s ammonia, and beyond.
This Scandinavian cookbook includes:
- Baker’s dozen—Discover 13 simple rules for achieving the best results with the recipes in this Scandinavian cookbook.
- Regional basics—Learn Scandinavian baking foundations, from the cultural origins of cornerstone foods, to techniques like kneading dough, and essential tools like potato ricers, rolling pins, and pastry brushes.
- Helpful tips—Get convenient pointers for serving and storing your baked goods, plus tips on how to adjust the recipes in this Scandinavian cookbook for specific allergens.
If you’ve been searching for a Scandinavian cookbook that offers modern twists to the region’s traditional baked goods, look no further—this one has you covered!
"In the absence of the traditional Syttende Mai parade, Daytona Strong's new Modern Scandinavian Baking celebrates heritage, memories, and love." --The Seattle Times' Pacific Northwest Magazine, June 2020, seattletimes.com--This text refers to the paperback edition.
About the Author
Daytona Strong is a journalist-turned-food-writer who specializes in Nordic cooking and the connection between food and heritage. Her writing has appeared in a number of regional and national publications, including The Oregonian and Edible Seattle. Visit her online at Outside-Oslo.com.--This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B085VWYWZT
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (31 March 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 4383 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 189 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 553,702 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: