- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com.au price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Offered by Amazon AU. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
The Natural History of Edward Lear, New Edition Paperback – Illustrated, 1 July 2021
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Details
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : Princeton University Press; Illustrated edition (1 July 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0691217238
- ISBN-13 : 978-0691217239
- Dimensions : 17.78 x 2.03 x 25.15 cm
Best Sellers Rank:
389,963 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- 625 in Natural History
- 1,294 in Individual Artist Monographs
- 1,428 in Biographies of Artists, Architects & Photographers (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the Author
Robert McCracken Peck is senior fellow and curator of art and artifacts at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University. His many books include Specimens of Hair: The Curious Collection of Peter A. Browne and Headhunters and Hummingbirds: An Expedition into Ecuador. He lives in Philadelphia.
4.8 out of 5
13 global ratings
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Lear influenced Europe culture with his parrots drawings and funny verses. I recommend it to buy everybodyReviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 May 2017
I read it through few days. It's very colourful, informative and easy-reading book about truly genial man, who had impressive life, but, in other way, was unhappy. E. Lear influenced Europe culture with his parrots drawings and funny verses. I recommend it to buy everybody, who love nature and art, because author perfect mixes archival documents with popular history.
One person found this helpful
Mrs Sally B Dewey
Fascinating to delve into some of the enormous collection in Harvard University.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 March 2018
Very good pictures.
One person found this helpful
Five StarsReviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 March 2018
Five StarsReviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 November 2017
Excellent book on LearReviewed in the United States on 23 November 2016
Excellent book on the life of Edward Lear, a most extraordinary man. Full of his illustrations and information on his life. There is a forward by Sir David Attenborough who is a great admirer of Lear and has a wonderful collection of his prints. If you enjoy this book, and you have the money, you might want to splurge on the Folio Society limited edition publication of facsimiles of Attenborough's collection of Lear Prints. It is very dear but a magnificent publication at a fraction of the cost of one Lear print.
14 people found this helpful