Other Sellers on Amazon
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
No-Fail Gluten-Free Bread Baking: Classic Bread Recipes for the Texture and Flavor You Love Paperback – 22 May 2018
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
No-Fail Bread Baking: Classic Bread Recipes for the Texture and Flavor You Love
Sunken loaves, bread that won't rise, and baguettes as hard as baseball bats — almost every gluten-free baker has run into glitches, but luckily you don't have to worry about those challenges any longer. Here are some of the solutions you'll find in this fail-proof gluten-free bread baking cookbook:
Sample Recipe: Biscuits
Makes 8 biscuits, Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 15 minutes
These soft, tender biscuits are the perfect vehicle for the gamut of options: savory sausage gravy, sweet strawberries and cream, or nothing more than a pat of butter. The trick to making them light as a feather is not to overprocess when mixing the dough. You should still see small chunks of butter.
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a food processor, add the flour blend, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum, and pulse once or twice just to integrate.
3. Add the pieces of butter to the food processor, and pulse a few times.
4. Pour in the milk and blend just until integrated but tiny pieces of butter are still visible.
5. Dust a clean work surface with potato starch. Turn the dough out of the food processor and coat with the starch. Carefully roll the dough out to about 1 1/2 inches thick.
6. Use a small glass to cut the dough into circles, or cut it into squares. Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
Use unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk as well as a dairy-free butter to make this recipe dairy free.
- 2 cups Multigrain Flour Blend (page 10)
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 6 tablespoons cold butter or nondairy butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk or nondairy milk
- Potato starch, for dusting
About the Author
PAMELA ELLGEN is a private chef, food writer, and cooking instructor. She specializes in gluten-free cooking and has written more than a dozen cookbooks, including The Gluten-Free Cookbook for Families. Her work has been featured in Huffington Post, Livestrong, and The Nest, among other national publications.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (22 May 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 138 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1641520191
- ISBN-13 : 978-1641520195
- Dimensions : 20.32 x 1.02 x 25.4 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 334,303 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
'normal' breads in there. I also thought it would have recipes for bread making machines, but it doesn't ( at least none i can find) maybe that's my fault for not checking in more depth. I didn't feel i could send it back as there really isn't anything wrong with the book, it's just that there is nothing to suit me in there.