Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Once Upon a Chef, the Cookbook: 100 Tested, Perfected, and Family-Approved Recipes (Easy Healthy Cookbook, Family Cookbook, American Cookbook): 100 Tested, Perfected, and Family-Approved Recipes Hardcover – 1 April 2018
There is something for every meal of the day starting with breakfast favourites like Maple, Coconut & Blueberry Granola, and Savoury Ham & Cheese Waffles. Simple soups, salads, and sandwiches make ideal lunches (try the Fiery Roasted Tomato Soup paired with Smoked Gouda & Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches), plus entrées the whole family will love like Buttermilk Fried Chicken Yenders. And for those casual get-togethers it's easy to whip up some buttery Cajun Popcorn and bowls of Sweet, Salty & Spicy Pecans. You'll also fall in love with go-to sweets such as Toffee Almond Sandies and a Classic Chocolate Lover's Birthday Cake.
With the authority of a professional chef and the practicality of a busy working mum, Jenn teaches you to improve your cooking one recipe at a time, with helpful tips on topics such as how to season correctly with salt, how to balance flavours, and how to make the most of leftovers.
From the Publisher
Sweet, Salty, Spicy Pecans
Makes 2 cups
These Nuts Are Madly Addictive. They’re perfect to serve with cocktails, toss over salads, or just keep around the house over the holidays.They also make a delicious homemade gift. The best part? You only need four simple ingredients to make them—and, if you start right now, you’ll be done in 15 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F [180°C] and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a rimmed 13-by-18‑in [33-by-46‑cm] baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, salt, and cayenne.
3. Add the pecans to the sugar mixture, along with 4 teaspoons of water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved into a sticky glaze and all the nuts are evenly coated. (If the mixture is still too powdery after stirring for a while, it’s okay to add a few more drops of water—just don’t add
4. Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Scrape every last bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the pecans are crusty on top and caramelized and golden on the bottom. Immediately slide.
the parchment off of the hot baking sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop. Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight.
container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. (Do not freeze).
- 1/2 cup [60 g] confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups [225 g] whole pecans
About the Author
- Publisher : Chronicle Books (1 April 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1452156182
- ISBN-13 : 978-1452156187
- Dimensions : 21.59 x 2.86 x 26.04 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 74,874 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Today I made the pan-seared halibut, although I substituted another white fish. It was so easy and delicious, and we don't even like fish much. My tomatoes were out of season and the fish and basil were frozen instead of fresh, and it was still very tasty. The tomato/garlic sauce took 5 minutes to make, and my husband said "you could put that sauce on rocks and they would taste good." Best of all, it was perfectly seasoned without having to taste and add more salt and pepper and hope that I then didn't overdo it.
Can't wait to try more recipes. Thanks, Ms. Segal! :)
I can honestly say that each recipe works, every single one and that was the draw for me to Once Upon a Chef. These recipes have been tested over and over. I actually have made many of these recipes for dinner parties without trying them first as I know they will work and that is a big deal! I can't wait to work my way through each and every one. I am big fan of the many delicious soups. A lovely book.